Which cover?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying junior

Reaction score
Looking for a lightweight, easily stowed cover for my '04 for use overnight when I'm on the road. Aerostich shows one that looks like what I want, but it comes in two sizes, medium and large. Medium fits "all sportbikes, standards, dual sports and sport touring bikes with smaller windshields." Large, they say, fits "loaded GS1100s, Gold Wings and other dreadnought sized machines."

Anyone have any experience with these? I don't want one that's too big. Is an FJR with no bags dreadnought-sized?

Often discussed on this forum with lots and lots of conversation when you search on motorcycle cover site:fjrforum.com at Google including this one almost exactly a year ago.

Buy the Nelson-Rigg UV2000, size XL. It is a "half-cover," and fits above the exhaust cans. It fits the FJR almost perfectly, with the side bags mounted. Cost is about $30 from New Enough website. Phil

+1 on the Nelson-Rigg half cover.

this is a side view of how the cover looks with a top box.

With the top case attached the cover fits over the side reflectors. Without the top case the cover fits full over the side bags.

Latest posts