Which Magnetic Tank Bag do you like?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacofdfireman

Reaction score
I am on a roll spending lot's of Dough. I need a magnetic tank bag. Would like it to be Magnetic, have the option for power, Clear pocket on top for maps and expadable. Also a cell phone or GPS type pocket up top would be sweet also. Any Ideas. There are ton's out there and I have been searching all these posts trying to figure out what people like....

Seriously though, I like the SW-Motech "quick-lock" clip-on bags from Twisted Throttle. I don't like magnetic bags as they've fallen off or scratched up my bike way too many times. These have the option to automatically connect power when you clip it on, no fumbling with connectors. I have the fuel tank collars on all my bikes, so switching is a breeze. I have the Daypack II for daily use, and the huge Trial-QL for things like the Honda Hoot. You can get nice GPS stands for the front of the bags too.

Seriously though, I like the SW-Motech "quick-lock" clip-on bags from Twisted Throttle. I don't like magnetic bags as they've fallen off or scratched up my bike way too many times. These have the option to automatically connect power when you clip it on, no fumbling with connectors. I have the fuel tank collars on all my bikes, so switching is a breeze. I have the Daypack II for daily use, and the huge Trial-QL for things like the Honda Hoot. You can get nice GPS stands for the front of the bags too.
I really like the Rapid Transit Recon 19 but can't find one in Stock anywhere. Every place I have tried like New Enough is saying August. Bummer cause it's exactly what I am looking for.

I have a Tour Master magnetic mount bag for my FJR that has probably 10,000 miles on it. It has never budged, and never left any marks. Frankly, I would be more concerned with straps leaving mars in the paint. Much of the riding has been fairly hard riding in mountains, and even in rain.

I really like the Rapid Transit Recon 19 but can't find one in Stock anywhere. Every place I have tried like New Enough is saying August. Bummer cause it's exactly what I am looking for.
I picked mine up at a honda/suzuki dealer. Have you checked the availability of the Rapid Transit Stack LT? It is the expandable version of the Recon 19.

PM sent

I too have the TourMaster magnetic bag, it works fine.

I have the tankslapper covering on my tank, just incase.

All's well so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like my Yamaha bag. It doesn't look really big, yet it always has room for the stuff I want in it. There's one of those zip-around extensions to make it even bigger, but I can't imagine using that unless I was hauling a bag of groceries from the market. Magnets are really strong. Never even slip.

This is a Canadian dealer but they have them in stock. A guy i work with just bought the same bag and paid $130.00 for it locally, he will be sick tomorrow when I show him this price. https://www.sportbikes.ca/store/details.php?pid=-1398358828
Sorry, this item is out of stock or discontinued.

But, they are all over EBay, or do a Google search and click on Shopping at the top.

I got mine here and paid $78, including shipping - and they take Paypal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Recon 19. It's a great bag, fits the FJR perfectly, and has just the right number of pockets. Get one, and you won't regret it.
Another fan of the Recon 19. My only problem with it is that the map window is way too small; otherwise a great bag.

I like the Cortech 21L. But... beware, if you have a Helibars triple clamp - the bags interfears with the bars in lock to lock parking lot manuevers. Juz so yah know.

tour_master_cortech_21l_tn.jpg