Whidbey Island, WA parade duty ready RR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Starting at Twin Bridges on Hwy 20 West I aimed for the easy pics at Deception Pass.  No such luck with DOT pavement and railing work both on the bridge and straddling each side and no safe, easy place to swing off.  From there it was a good ride today south bounding the island on dry roads mid day and light traffic.  The fighter jets were running low and slow patterns so I had to stop, illegally.  The panorama shot is ferry terminal to Port Townsend. This RR suggests good for riding two up, the island living and slower driving was the vibe I felt from the cagers, except near Clinton ferry. Thanks for looking at the pics.  If someone were able on friendlier google terms than I,  this posting would appreciate embedding a map for members use.

50518077423_e4875ac113_o_d.jpg
50518077918_9ee64eb35d_o_d.jpg
50518795126_65107a7b44_o_d.jpg
50518968887_428882ed96_o_d.jpg

I know that shoreline well from the ferry terminal south to one of your pictures....did a variety of check-out dives NAUI certs there and other parts of the island including Deception Pass.  Miss the island myself...it's fun to wander around on via motorcycle. :)

Thanks for the ride-along Archer. Know the Island well...my in-laws retired there almost 25 years ago. The SO and I visit them frequently. It’s kinda sad the Island has lost its charm and turned into a tourist mess. Blame it on progress and too many F’n people...

~G

Thanks for the ride-along Archer. Know the Island well...my in-laws retired there almost 25 years ago. The SO and I visit them frequently. It’s kinda sad the Island has lost its charm and turned into a tourist mess. Blame it on progress and too many F’n people...

~G
One of the major reasons I left the San Juan's 15 years ago. The islands have turned into the Martha's Vineyard of the west. When I moved there in 77 the islands were still normal. The few people I knew on Whidbey have left for the same reason.