Who Has Done a RIDE-IN Saddle Purchase at Russell (Lake Shasta)?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
I've gotta replace that granite Corbin seat I'm using, but some Iron-Butt guy or masochist might want it, so I'll try to sell it later. That means if I buy a saddle from Russell, they'll have to supply the pan and everything. I suppose they can do that, for whatever extra cost it is. Has anybody here done that? Were you satisfied with the service and the new seat? I'd love some feedback before shelling out all those bucks. Thanks.

I've gotta replace that granite Corbin seat I'm using, but some Iron-Butt guy or masochist might want it, so I'll try to sell it later. That means if I buy a saddle from Russell, they'll have to supply the pan and everything. I suppose they can do that, for whatever extra cost it is. Has anybody here done that? Were you satisfied with the service and the new seat? I'd love some feedback before shelling out all those bucks. Thanks.

I did a ride-in deal for my '04 at Russell last year and I'm totally happy. I love the seat and everything about it.

BUT: I recall speculating with them about having them supply a new pillion pan, and they said they don't do that -- always work with the owner's existing core. (I wanted, still want, the extra pan to make some sort of ultra-ingenious cargo rack.)

'twill be interesting to see how your quest turns out.

Maybe you can have them build your new seat on the Corbin base. Don't see why they couldn't, actually.

Incidentally, one thing I REALLY like is the way the Russell construction seals out the heat. The old seat sent a blast of superheated air right at my crotch. Friccasseed privates!

I would suggest that you call the folks at Russell tomorrow and ask them what they can do about the pan situation. It always pays to get info about what can be provided directly from the people that you will be dealing with.

That said, here is my opinion about the service and the seat:

I am on my third Russell seat and continue to be a satisfied customer with both the service and the quality and comfort of their product.

Is it expensive, yes

Is it worth it, hell yes.

Another possibility is put an add in the parts wanted area for a trashed Yamaha or aftermarket seat to work with... I'm sure someone will have one at a fairly nice price.

Meeeeee!

And, yes, over 40,000 miles worth of "hiney" joy :clapping: ...buttock happiness :yahoo: ...fanny glee :unsure: !

I believe YOU must provide the seat pan, so I assume you'll be posting in the "Classified Ads-Wanted" section!?!?

Last edited by a moderator: