Who has Piaa 1100x lights?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dropinparts

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Piaa 1100x lights. I plan on mounting them down by the front fender, like in Piaa's pictures. I'm curious where you guys mounted the light switch. Also, did you wire them straight to the battery, so you have to use the switch to turn them on & off, or did you wire them to the switch so they are always on when you start the bike? I think I would prefer to the switch because I do want them "always on" for safety. I can always turn them off with the switch if needed. Idea's please...

310070555.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered a set of Piaa 1100x lights. I plan on mounting them down by the front fender, like in Piaa's pictures. I'm curious where you guys mounted the light switch. Also, did you wire them straight to the battery, so you have to use the switch to turn them on & off, or did you wire them to the switch so they are always on when you start the bike? I think I would prefer to the switch because I do want them "always on" for safety. I can always turn them off with the switch if needed. Idea's please...
https://pic90.picturetrail.https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?act=post&do=edit_post&f=57&t=101797&p=390379&st=0#
I mounted my PIAA 1100x under my mirrors using Rex's brackets (bought the whole kit from cyclegadgets.com), with a switch mounted on the left grip (stuck on my McCruise). Handy to be able to turn them on and off without monkeying around with the regular low or high beams. They work great.

Marc

I mounted my PIAA 1100x under my mirrors using Rex's brackets (bought the whole kit from cyclegadgets.com), with a switch mounted on the left grip (stuck on my McCruise). Handy to be able to turn them on and off without monkeying around with the regular low or high beams. They work great.
Marc
Yep, when I had the 1100x's that's what I did. I used some silicone sealer and glued the switch to the left switch housing, just tot he right of the turn signal switch. Easy to reach with my thumb.

I wire all my electrical add-ons through a switched (via relay) fuse block. Go to www.fjrtech.com and look under "Farkles". You might want to bookmark that site, as its full of great information.

310070555.jpg
WHOSE MOUNT IS THAT?

I just looked at my avatar picture....the PIAA 1100XX lights are mounted on the bike in that photo. I sprayed them flat black to match the brackets and disappear against the blue bike.

Of course, now I have the "portable daylight" Solteks. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wired to a relay and the switch will let the PIAAs be on or off when the regular lights are on high. Used a marine-grade rocker switch from a boat shop and mounted it by the glove box.

I took a little piece of angle iron and bolted it on the left handle bar mirror hole and turned the switch sideways, works great, you can reach up with your finger while not moving your hand. plus with the switch sideways, water doesnt get to it , hasnt failed yet anyways

I mounted mine where the blinkers are on the FJR. I liked the triangle of light effect. It's supposed to help get attention even in the daytime. I put the switch just behind the steering head(?). It was easy to get to with the off hand. Good light pattern and cheaper than some of the others.

I have the switch mounted to the dash next to the tach. I have it wired to come on with the headlights after the engine is started. They are on all the time for safety.

DSCN0665-1.jpg

This shows the light mounted on the piaa mounts.

DSCN0666.jpg

I really like these lights.

Latest posts