Who has the best price on BT-016s?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dangerous Dave

The older I get, the faster I was...
Reaction score
I've shopped til I dropped, but can't find anybody who can beat Chaparral. Parts411 is the same price on the tires, but Chaparral will ship for free through March 31st. Parts411 charges a bunch for shipping. Anybody got any other good sources for bike tires?

Did you try looking under "TIRES" in this thread?

I had not.

You could click on the links and compare prices..... :unsure:

Done. Same results. Chaparral is still cheapest. No one is cheaper on the tires themselves. Their free shipping through March just makes it an even tougher deal to beat.

Thanks for trying Mike.

Did you try SWMoto Tire? They have donated a set ot tires for the past 2 EOM's that I know of. Might be woth looking into:

These guys may be a little cheaper.

Looks like the price is for a set.

After looking more closely at their site, you may have make sure the CBR1000 is the same tire size as ours...or call them for a price.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cheapest I've found for several different brands/sizes is https://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/. Free shipping. YMMV.

They're about $30 higher for the pair.

Did you try SWMoto Tire?

Yes, they were on MadMike's list...also higher.

These guys may be a little cheaper.Looks like the price is for a set.

Wrong sizes for my application and they don't sell the right ones.

More often than not, I've bought my tires from Chaparral over the last couple decades. Exceptions were when they were unusually inexpensive tires and it was cheaper to pay sales tax locally than to pay shipping via mailorder. Chaparral has been running the free shipping deal quite a bit lately. They've always given me good customer service. I've probably bought a couple dozen tires from them over the years. And the free shipping deal is for two day shipping on items over $100. Tough to beat when you've already got the lowest price on the tires. I'm very anxious to try out these BT-016s. Multi compound for sportbikes. Hard center for the rear, sticky edge compound, and a "transitional" compound in-between the other two on the rear. Oughta be just what the doctor ordered.