Who makes a seat that looks like this?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lumberg

Merica
Reaction score

This is the saddle shape I'm missing. Any idea who made this saddle or who makes saddles like this? Not worried about the backrest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't help with seat maker, but the bike is a GEN I. Because the seats come off opposite from GEN II -III the front seat has a different shape. That one looks pretty standard, might be a little deeper pocket than normal.

--G

I would say that is a Bill Mayer Saddles custom.
He seems to be the only one who covers his seats with a solid piece of leather with no stitching in the seating area.
I would vote for Bill Mayer except that I had a Rich's Custom Seat on my 05 that looked exactly like the one in the picture (except for the backrest).
^^^^

This, My '08 had a seat just like that.

I have a Rich's leather seat on my 09. Looks identical.
I would say that is a Bill Mayer Saddles custom.
He seems to be the only one who covers his seats with a solid piece of leather with no stitching in the seating area.
I would vote for Bill Mayer except that I had a Rich's Custom Seat on my 05 that looked exactly like the one in the picture (except for the backrest).
+1

298550_3146681721577_1529735218_n.jpg

I like the Rich's seat. It came with the bike when I purchased it last May. I have put about 9,000 km on it which includes two major(for me) journeys.I am a relatively thin man with a bony butt. It's very comfortable and no sliding around under hard braking or acceleration.If I buy another bike with a poor seat I would buy a Rich's.