Who wants to go dirt trail riding with Steve McQueen?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who wants to go dirt trail riding with Steve McQueen?
I do, I do!

Steve McQueen did alot of racing in SoCal under the name of Harvey Mushman. His studio contract forbid him from doing dangerous things, so he just did it under a different name!

King of Cool.
stevemqueen.jpg

Thanks Don. Good stuff. My Dad's best friend was a riding buddy of Steve McQueen, some funny stories have been related, but he was a man's man and a damn good rider to boot!

When he was filming "Junior Bonner" in Prescott in '71 he helped the local club lay out the Slaughterhouse Gulch MX track outside of town. I raced the CZ up there a few times.
That's interesting to know Max, I'll pass this info on to my fellow Steve McQueen fans. Steve gave me a Coors beer at the end of the Barstow to Vegas race in 1968. He was in the top 10 and I was in the last 100 of the finishers that year. He gave me a big handshake and always really impressed me.

The full On any Sunday (which this is from )is on Netflix streaming, if you subscribe. Guys rising motocross with 3 inches of suspension travel, in t-shirts. Fast dirt ovals, hillclimbs, whatnot.

The full On any Sunday (which this is from )is on Netflix streaming, if you subscribe. Guys rising motocross with 3 inches of suspension travel, in t-shirts. Fast dirt ovals, hillclimbs, whatnot.
Walt you forgot one small detail, McQueen was an Irishman!