Who will be the first?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looked really dumb to me.Then I realized that some of the huge windshields some install might need one.

https://www.peerclear.com/
Agreed - looks like just another to spend some $$.

It also looks like it blocks your view through a considerable amount of the windshield.

Just use Rain-X or something similar - the water beads up and flies off the windshield.

Just use Rain-X or something similar - the water beads up and flies off the windshield.
RainX + plastic = bad.

If you want something that works like RainX, use Raincoat from MotoSolutions.com <clicky> Stuff works like a champ. Trust me - did anyone mention that it rained for 3 days at SFO '09? And we got dumped on at EOM '09? I'm a believer in this stuff.

BG

Does it really matter? The rain spatters your face shield anyway!!

Exactly.

I've never had a shield on any bike that I look through. Always over.

Evidently this is not the case with some.

I know I have seen some Gold Wings with shields that stick up past the top of the riders head.

I've flown helicopters for over 20 years, many with wipers, never used them. They basically are there to turn on when you want to scratch the hell out of the windscreen and force management to replace an obviously crazed screen that is no longer safe. (I never had to resort to this, always worked for good outfits). Or put another way, "Wipers?...... we don't need no stinking wipers!". Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
RainX + plastic = bad.

If you want something that works like RainX, use Raincoat from MotoSolutions.com <clicky> Stuff works like a champ. Trust me - did anyone mention that it rained for 3 days at SFO '09? And we got dumped on at EOM '09? I'm a believer in this stuff.

BG

I've flown helicopters for over 20 years, many with wipers, never used them. They basically are there to turn on when you want to scratch the hell out of the windscreen and force management to replace an obviously crazed screen that is no longer safe. (I never had to resort to this, always worked for good outfits). Or put another way, "Wipers?...... we don't need no stinking wipers!". Hope this helps.
Seems like when we were flying offshore in the GOM, the pilots used Rain-X on our birds windshields. BK-105's

What do you (CAJW) use?

RainX + plastic = bad.

BG
My bad - didn't realize it might harm certain plastics. I've used it on my car windshield (glass obviously) for years.

RainX + plastic = bad.

BG

Seems like when we were flying offshore in the GOM, the pilots used Rain-X on our birds windshields. BK-105's

What do you (CAJW) use?
This is all we've used for years which I also use on my FJR and helmet shield. Plexus That or Honda Polish, both work very well as it helps shed water and bugs. HTH.

The "wind" does a pretty damn fine job for me. Too much water on the shield...drive faster! Never had any kind of a visibility problem through the shield day, night, rain or shine that required this puppy. There was a love bug infestation in Florida once that coated me pretty good, but this thing would have just smeared the remains around.

Can't see any use for this one except, maybe, for Harley riders.

Cheers,

W2

RainX + plastic = bad.

BG
My bad - didn't realize it might harm certain plastics. I've used it on my car windshield (glass obviously) for years.
I've been using Rain-X on my Cal-Sci wind shield and my HJC helmet shield for a year. No issues.

Exactly.

I've never had a shield on any bike that I look through. Always over.

Evidently this is not the case with some.

I know I have seen some Gold Wings with shields that stick up past the top of the riders head.
We're painting with a fairly broad brush here.

I have a rather large windshield on my FJR and I still look over it, even when fully raised. People have commented on the size of my shield until I sit on the bike. Pictures are available here.

I'm waiting for the face shield wiper (besides the little wipe on my glove)

There are lots of products like this out there too, for the one thing that really does need to be wiped off in the rain.

1048_1ha.jpg