Why is MC Cruise $1,300 and AudioVox CC only $100?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's probably because the Audiovox is a generic automobile cruise kit that is not designed for easy installation on motorcycles, while the MC Cruise is a motorcycle-specific kit that comes with model-specific wiring harnesses for easy installation.

I bought my MotorCycle Cruise over 2 years ago for a little over $600.00

Goes to show you that our dollar is worth-less theee days.
Kinda scary isn't it?

It's a brave new world full of change.

:angry2:

from what i have read it takes about 3-4 hours to install the mc cruise. it took me 9 hours to install my first audiovox (5-6 hours for subsequent installs). thats a 5-6 hour difference for $1200. I'm sure there are a lot here whose time is worth that but mine isn't.

from what i have read it takes about 3-4 hours to install the mc cruise. it took me 9 hours to install my first audiovox (5-6 hours for subsequent installs). thats a 5-6 hour difference for $1200. I'm sure there are a lot here whose time is worth that but mine isn't.
I purchased my McCruise for my 2006 AE in March 2009 and the cost to be door was $680.00.

My very capable friend who installed it took less < 5 hours.

Best Regards,

Shane

It's actually 727.00 U.S. dollars. If you read the home page they tell you that all prices in red are not Euros, but Australia dollars.

Because the BMW guys will only buy the really expensive farkles, preferably made in some exotic ferrin' place.

It's actually 727.00 U.S. dollars. If you read the home page they tell you that all prices in red are not Euros, but Australia dollars.
Good point. I need to convert $920 Australian dollars to US dollars which is...as you stated approximately $727.

So the delta is only $627 and not $1,200. That's a 50% price break. Woo-Hoo!

Last edited by a moderator:
No really, why would you spend $1,300 on cruise control? Is it $1,200 better -OR- am I looking at the wrong thing?
MC Cruise:

https://www.mccruise.com/product.php?produc...=471&page=1

AudioVox CCS100

https://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-CCS100-Univ...l/dp/B00029WQTW
Too bad you have an A and not an AE.... I will be putting my 3 month old McCruise on sale when I get my bike back!

Best regards,

Shane

I emailed the manufacturer a few months back when it was 800 US... can't believe the price increase! Anyway, I have a lot of stuff under the seat. They recommended I just buy the AE version of the McCruise and install the controls on the right side. So it will work on the A models. If you do go to sell it I'd like first dibs on the forum based on price, my wallet, etc.

EDIT:Just saw the posts about the price... whew! That sounds a little better.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 04 came with the Audiovox and it works (pretty) good. I does not always maintain the speed as well as a car or even my HD Ultra Classic.

I think it is worth the $100, but not a lot more the way it works. (maybe mine is broken) That, along with the throttle lock are a good combo.

Danny