Wilber's reply to Klaus

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feejer/Weejer man

Reaction score
Two sides to every story. Just the messenger. Not me this is off the Stromtrooper site.

I sent a e-mail to Dirk at Wilbers - this is the reply he sent...

#####

Dear customer,

with this email we explicitly object to the statement of Mr. Klaus Huenecke in which he

claims that we won't supply him anymore!

In February 2006 we visited Mr. Huenecke in his commercial unit with the desire to do the

"next-step" in terms of business relationships with the USA. This next-step asked for a

bigger investment which we wanted to share with him, but Mr. Huenecke was not ready to

invest his share for a conjoint future!

Unfortunately we came to know that Mr. Huenecke, instead of funding our products "Made in

Germany" decided to spend his money on suspension products made in Thailand, thus investing

in the products of our own rival without any consistent reason. So, instead of thinking

about a future with Wilbers Products GmbH and exclusively offering our suspension-elements

to the American customers, he decided to become our competitor.

We asked Mr. Huenecke to explain to us why he has chosen to walk this road and as long as we

do not have a satisfying answer and as long as this matter is not settled to our

satisfaction, we cannot continue supplying Mr. Huenecke with our commodities. Should Mr.

Huenecke make the decision to accept Wilbers Products GmbH as his exclusive suspension

partner, the shipments and business relation with him will be revived immediately!

We started exploring the American market some years ago and our determination to offer our

suspension-elements to the American customers has not at all changed!

Still we are searching for reliable business partners in your huge country and with some we

have already entered into negotiations.

You, as our customer, can rest assured that the service and maintenance work will soon be

resumed in the usual way.

In the meantime, should you be interested in suspension-elements "Made in Germany" from our

company, of course we are ready to gladly supply you with our high-quality

suspension-products and until the matter is arranged to our satisfaction we even will

deliver any of your orders from Germany postage-free!

Should you have any further questions, we are looking forward for your inquiries,

Best regards,

Benny Wilbers

Wilbers Products GmbH

#####

Germans can be a stubborn bunch (my last name is Schmidt, so I know ) so I don't know how this will work out - time will tell.

Take care,

Bob S.

DL1000K6 - Gray

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs ride with their heads out the window.

Admin Note: Click here for original e-mail from Klaus.

Last edited by a moderator:
As The Suspension Turns

At least they both concur on the exclusivity part...

Thai suspensions? Brings new meaning to the term, 'dogbones', eh?

Thanks for posting...very interesting.

Mr. Wilbers failed to address the concern that Klaus expressed in regards to Wilbers granting him an exclusive contract in exchange for only carrying Wilbers products. If I were Klaus and I was being told by Mr. Wilbers "you can only sell Wilbers products" I would certainly want to know that Mr. Wilbers would use ME as his only US distributor. It only seems fair.

So far I'm w/ Klaus on this one. How can Wilbers demand exclusivity from Klaus yet not offer the same in return?

Thanks for posting...very interesting.
Mr. Wilbers failed to address the concern that Klaus expressed in regards to Wilbers granting him an exclusive contract in exchange for only carrying Wilbers products. If I were Klaus and I was being told by Mr. Wilbers "you can only sell Wilbers products" I would certainly want to know that Mr. Wilbers would use ME as his only US distributor. It only seems fair.

So far I'm w/ Klaus on this one. How can Wilbers demand exclusivity from Klaus yet not offer the same in return?
It's business. It's not supposed to be fair. Happens all the time in my industry and it drives me nuts. "Who is the X-brand distributor this month?" When manufacturers pull that kinda thing I stop specifying and selling their product. Headaches I don't need.

Frankly, I don't give a rats ass if Victorias Secret is the distributor, long as I can count on getting my, ummm, unit serviced when appropriate.

Rad, King of the Double Entendre

I could almost hear Groo's Sgt Shultz voice while reading that reply. :rofl:

I don't see where Wilbers contradicted anything that Klause has already stated. I understand Wilbers Germany making a stink about a company called Wilbers USA selling something other than Wilbers suspensions and consider that short sightedness on Klause's part. But I can also understand Klause's reaction to the brinksmanship by the German company.

I could almost hear Groo's Sgt Shultz voice while reading that reply. :rofl:
I don't see where Wilbers contradicted anything that Klause has already stated. I understand Wilbers Germany making a stink about a company called Wilbers USA selling something other than Wilbers suspensions and consider that short sightedness on Klause's part. But I can also understand Klause's reaction to the brinksmanship by the German company.
I don't know for sure, but I got the feeling that under the Wilbers USA name he was only selling Wilbers products. His other stuff (parent company if you will) is Run N Lites (don't hold me to that spelling).

I would ASSume that any other product he sold (as far as suspension) wouldn't be sold under the Wilbers USA name...

Frankly, I don't give a rats ass if Victorias Secret is the distributor, long as I can count on getting my, ummm, unit serviced when appropriate.
Rad, King of the Double Entendre
You might be on to some there, rad baby. A Wilbers shock would look even hotter in a pair of fishnets. :p

I love the way the letter starts out, saying what Klaus says is not true:

>>with this email we explicitly object to the statement of Mr. Klaus Huenecke in which he

>>claims that we won't supply him anymore!

Then, a few paragraphs later, they say exactly the opoposite:

>>as long as this matter is not settled to our

>>satisfaction, we cannot continue supplying Mr. Huenecke with our commodities

Meanwhile, in customer land, I wonder who I should go to to get my leaking rear shock serviced ? (not even a year old)...