Wilbers Shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithaba

Reaction score
I just got my wilbers shock with an eibach 750 spring on the FJR last night. The procedure was really easy, thanks to warchild's FJRtech article and DRJFJR's lending of grease to me.

Went for one 20 minute test ride last night and....

WAAAWAAAWOWIEEEEEE!!!!

purchase-the-borat-book.jpg

The bike feels so much more planted. Steers in so much quicker than it used to, and I haven't even set up the suspension correctly yet. Many people had told me that it would make a big difference, but I was hesitant to bite the bullet. To anyone who has been considering an aftermarket shock, espeically if you have over 15,000 on your stocker, GO FOR IT!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I could not believe the difference between the stock and Wilbers shock. It was the first time I ever went aftermarket on the shock and it was a big slap in the face. POW. This is what I've been missing!!!!!!!!!!!

That f*%$ing Warchild character ruined me. RUINED me I say!

Before his Wilbers shock group buy of yore, I too, had never had an aftermarket shock. And believe me, was extremely hesistant to spend the high $$$$ for one.

I call those my blissfully ignorant days. You see, now that I have experienced an aftermarket shock, I now know deep in my heart that I can never have a motorcycle without one. It will be an absolute requirement. Yes, they are THAT good.

Next time you read someone asking about new pipes or how to boost the power on their out-of-the-box bike, check and see what they've already done to improve how they get the OEM power to the ground first. You might or might not be surprised at how many people skip this important first step (or never do it) while chasing after increasingly smaller improvements in power at increasingly higher investments of cash.

Next time you read someone asking about new pipes or how to boost the power on their out-of-the-box bike, check and see what they've already done to improve how they get the OEM power to the ground first. You might or might not be surprised at how many people skip this important first step (or never do it) while chasing after increasingly smaller improvements in power at increasingly higher investments of cash.
This man speaks the truth.