Wild Bill Highway Pegs on Gen II FJRs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3870

Reaction score
I have a pair of the Wild Bill pegs I would like to install. On his instructions it mentions removing the oil filter. Will I have to do an oil change to install these? How messy is it when I remove the bolts from the "engine cover"? Do I need to remove much tupperwear?

Thx for any help.

On Gen I bikes, it's an easy install. Don't have to remove the oil filter, and removing the original bolts causes no issues or leaks. The right side is tight, but I was able to do an install without removing plastic.

Some of this won't apply to Gen II FJRs as your plastic is different, but I don't see why you would need to remove the oil filter. Hopefully somebody with a Gen II FJR will be along to help you out here.

I am going to make your post it's own separate thread, as it's specific about install help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same as what SkooterG said.

No need to remove plastic, loosen up the right side and you can get it done.

No need to remove the oil filter either.

-MD

Installed pegs on my 07 a couple of weeks ago and am satisfied with them.. Would add a bit of info on the right side if this doesn't get anybody all riled up llike with handlebars. On the right side remove the screw holding the plastic at the bottom. This is supposed to give clearance to reemove the three allen-head bolts holding the cover and which are to be replaced. I found that it made the job easier to remove the upper screw holding the plastic. It is accessed by removing the adjustable air vent cover which will expose the upper fairing screw. I know this is extra work, but it will give you rooom to get in there with a torque wrench to properly tightne the new bolts. It took about 1.5 hours to install both sides, but this included on Bud Break and a smoke.

It was a 30 minute job on my '04 and '06.

Only loosened the lower fairing bolts. (Don't put them back on very tight or you will have cracked tupperware.)

Didn't bother with a TK wrench, and after 10,000 miles, no problems.

B)

I have a pair of the Wild Bill pegs I would like to install. On his instructions it mentions removing the oil filter. Will I have to do an oil change to install these? How messy is it when I remove the bolts from the "engine cover"? Do I need to remove much tupperwear?
Thx for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a non wrencher and it wasn't a bad install. The pegs are great, I did an ss1000 that I never would have finished without these pegs. No leg/knee pain at all.