Wild Bill Install Questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisW

Reaction score
I grabbed a pair of the Wild Bill pegs off e-bay a couple months ago but they didn't come with any hardware or instructions.

I've seen from some other posts that they came with bolts and spacers.

What were the spacers for? :help:

I haven't been able to find any pictures that clearly show how they are used.

Thanks.

ChrisW, I had to go to the garage to look at my Wild Bill setup. Each bracket should have 3 holes. There were 6 spacers and 6 longer allen head bolts with the kit. The spacers look like a 1/2 inch long piece of "pipe". The spacers go between the engine cases and the back side of the brackets. The bolts were approx 3/4 of an inch longer than the factory bolts to compensate for the length of the spacer and the thickness of the bracket.

Hope this helps.

Erik.

I grabbed a pair of the Wild Bill pegs off e-bay a couple months ago but they didn't come with any hardware or instructions.
I've seen from some other posts that they came with bolts and spacers.

What were the spacers for? :help:

I haven't been able to find any pictures that clearly show how they are used.

Thanks.
Too bad I can t take a picture right now to show you, I we be able this week-end whe the garage will be empty.

Spacers goes between the brackets and the bike.

Hope this help

I bought my bolts from Ace Hardware, they have a lot of metric stuff. I went to look at the bag and it reads SSC-6M 40 three of these and SSC-6M 35 three of these. They are metric stainless allen bolts. as far as spacers I couldnt find stainless spacers so I cut up some aluminum #4 tubing so I had six 1/2 inch spacers. also the smaller bolts go on the Right side. As you can probably tell I made my own. The 1st plates were just a little too thin so I ended up making a second pair a lot thicker. They are very nice on longer trips!!!

1/2 inch long piece of "pipe". The spacers go between the engine cases and the back side of the brackets. The bolts were approx 3/4 of an inch longer than the factory bolts to compensate for the length of the spacer and the thickness of the bracket.
Hope this helps.

Erik.
Thanks Eric, This helps a lot!