Wild Bill Peg Pics, WI area with exhaust, Throttle locks,

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryguy322

Reaction score
I'm going to be ordering some stuff for the bike pretty soon, after debating for weeks. Just hoping for some final info.

Question 1. Does anyone of any pics of the Wild Bill highway pegs being used? I'd like to see the leg position. I looked at the pegs in the slider deal, but don't like how high it is.

Question 2. Does anyone live in the WI area with aftermarket exhaust? I'd kinda like to hear something in person before ordering such a high dollar deal. Also, if just do slip on, not full system, should I still have a powercommander?

Question 3. Throttle locks? I'm torn between the throttlemeister and the breakaway cruise, any pros/cons to either system. I like the fact that if I hit the break on the breakaway it releases, but from what I've read everyone seems to like the throttlemeister.

Question 4. Seat. I'm thinking on sending it to Spencers Motorcycle Seat Mods. Anyone have experience with them? I really don't want to spend the money on a Russell for the once a year long ride. For most of my riding, less than the best will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll bite on Q 3.

I like my VistaCruise. It's cheap. unobtrusive, easy to use. and does the job well. You can easily roll on or off the throttle even when it is applied.

I have the wb hwy pegs but don't have pictures and I love the pegs, best farkle other than the russell. If you get those get the 4" extention from J&B cycle, it puts the peg farther out and your foot actually is on it. Exhaust i have stock. Throttle lock. Had throttlemeister and hated it. Now I have a $10 throttle rest, comes on and off and for your kind of riding you wouldn't anything better. For seat mod I would go with the air hawk seat cushion, probably most effective and you can take it from bike to bike. Remember you hopefully get what you pay for.

on Q#2, I'm not in your area, but i run 2 brothers slip on. They are really loud. Deep, throaty sound, that definitely make the FJR sound like a bike now. Very happy with the sound.

I like the Vista cruise with BMW grips.

DSCN0197.jpg

I got my seat back from Spencer's yesterday. Rode 364 miles today and I'm very happy with the results so far. It's but much better than the stock seat.

I have the wb hwy pegs but don't have pictures and I love the pegs, best farkle other than the russell. If you get those get the 4" extention from J&B cycle, it puts the peg farther out and your foot actually is on it. Exhaust i have stock. Throttle lock. Had throttlemeister and hated it. Now I have a $10 throttle rest, comes on and off and for your kind of riding you wouldn't anything better. For seat mod I would go with the air hawk seat cushion, probably most effective and you can take it from bike to bike. Remember you hopefully get what you pay for.
What did you hate about the throttlemeister?

With those 4" extensions, do you have a problem with them scrapping in turns when they are flipped up? I also can't find a page for those extensions, or a page for J & B cycle either. Mind giving me a link?

on Q#2, I'm not in your area, but i run 2 brothers slip on. They are really loud. Deep, throaty sound, that definitely make the FJR sound like a bike now. Very happy with the sound.
How long have you had them? I've read some people have had issues with corrosion on the 2 bros.

I like the Vista cruise with BMW grips.

Where can I find the BMW grips? Is there a specific model to get and any modification, with or without the vista cruise, or just replace and go?

Here are two pages dealing with the install. The BMW grips actually work out because they are shorter than the stock grips. The Vistcruise takes up the space created perfectly. I didn't relocate the left swtch housing like Warchild. The small gap doesn't bother me. I took me about 30 minutes to remove the grips, modify the lock and reinstall it all.

https://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=23

https://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=9

BMW part numbers:

32 72 1 458 396

32 72 1 458 395

I paid $20 for the pair.

i've only had the 2 bros for 2000 miles. maybe 2 months. I have the carbon fiber. There was somebody else on the forum that had them, and for a while if i remember. He said he was really pleased with them. Wish I could help more. Sound is killer though,

bryguy322,

Question... where abouts in WI are you? I have Wild Bill pegs, Remus carbon fiber exhaust, a throttle lock, and a Seargent seat. If your on the west side of WI you can take a look at the bike. If your over towards the east side the best I can help with is sending a few pics.

Erik.

Prescott, WI

bryguy322,
Question... where abouts in WI are you? I have Wild Bill pegs, Remus carbon fiber exhaust, a throttle lock, and a Seargent seat. If your on the west side of WI you can take a look at the bike. If your over towards the east side the best I can help with is sending a few pics.

Erik.

Prescott, WI

I live over by lake winnebago. According to yahoo maps, prescott is almost 300 miles away. But I would like check it out. Maybe we can work something out one weekend. Either I could drive out there, or meet somewhere in the middle. What do you think?

Bryguy322,

Tomah?

Wausau? except the last time I drove through Wausau there was hwy construction.

Abbotsford?

I can't meet up this weekend. Maybe June 8?

PM sent too

Erik.

Latest posts