Wild Bill's Highwaypeg Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fz1don

Reaction score
Just installed Bill's brackets and I am pleased with them. I am going to machine some 3/4" spacers to put between the pegs and the brackets to move them out just a little.

Just installed Bill's brackets and I am pleased with them. I am going to machine some 3/4" spacers to put between the pegs and the brackets to move them out just a little.
fz1doon, have you considered using some like this: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=124006 much nicer feel and good spacing...

IMG_6016.jpg

FWIW, you really do want to keep the hinge as close to the bracket as possible. A spacer on the bracket-side of the peg hinge extents a hard point outboard - a potential safety hazard. At least one FJR rider has gone down due to his highway peg set up. And of course, it's useful to angle them back a bit so they'll easily self-fold.

I use mine as "lean angle" gauges! :)