Willing To Travel For A Deal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motorman

Reaction score
Howdy All,

My local dealer only sells a couple of FJR's a year. Considering the economy, but also the fact that the new '08 are just out, are there any dealers in the country who are willing to "deal" on '08's?

Are FJR's imported in limited numbers? Forgive me, but I was just looking at Wings, and if you are willing to fly in you can get up to 3K off of an '08 Wing. Things are slow for many dealers now.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Motorman

Look up D&H cycle in AL. 1-888-553-3311 1-256-739-1840 I traveled from IL to get a bike from them. Well, worth it. Where are you located in?

+1 on D&H when I checked in late September they were quoting $11999 (+ your local taxes)on 08 A's but were not expecting to stock as many as in past years. They were very helpful and friendly to deal with.

You planning on riding or trailering it home? I'm assuming you're not gonna ride in the ice out here, so factor in gas and other travel expenses if you are gonna get it from afar.

You planning on riding or trailering it home? I'm assuming you're not gonna ride in the ice out here, so factor in gas and other travel expenses if you are gonna get it from afar.
I would fly down (wherever the closest airport is located) in the Spring and ride (break-in) in some of that beautiful country of SC, NC and GA and ride it home.

Thanks for the info. Kinda strange no website.

Motorman

A little closer to your home, but a little more expensive (in the $12K range) there are 2 dealers in Ohio advertising on Cycletrader.com. You can pick one up closer to home and still ride south during your early (usually cold) spring to enjoy our early summer riding weather. :D