Windscreen bracket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattster31

Reaction score
I thought I would try something different. I changed the front windscreen bracket from my '03, which is black, with one for an '04 (cerulean silver). I also installed new chrome flat head bolts.

DSC03982.jpg

.... I also installed new chrome flat head bolts.
If those screws were originally the black plastic ones, be aware they were designed to break in the event of you being thrown forward.

Of course, if it will never happen to you, that's fine :rolleyes: .

.... I also installed new chrome flat head bolts.
If those screws were originally the black plastic ones, be aware they were designed to break in the event of you being thrown forward.
I did think of that. I thought since they are fastened with rubber mounts they would pull themselves out in the event of "sudden-rapid-forward-rider-motion". However.....perhaps i should just paint the black plastic ones silver and put them back in.... :rolleyes:

You wild Canadians, always coming up with new ideas. ;)

Looks great Matt.

As for the screws, the screen is going to break anyway in most cases. DAHIK

I did think of that. I thought since they are fastened with rubber mounts they would pull themselves out in the event of "sudden-rapid-forward-rider-motion". However.....perhaps i should just paint the black plastic ones silver and put them back in.... :rolleyes:
Actually, the plastic heads are designed to shear off from the well nuts. See this thread for some discussion. It's also been discussed in a variety of other threads. We all have choices to make. ;)

Mattster: Get that 04 paint off that 03! It's going to slow you down!! :p

Just kidding, it really does change the look.

JW

Latest posts