Windscreen re: tuning block

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Doc

Reaction score
Bought my FeeJ with a new "Pope Mobile" version of a Rifle installed by the PO. I got the OEM shield, as well. I have since put the OEM back on because I was having to rethink my entire riding wardrobe while behind the massive Rifle screen. I was getting toasty with little air circulation through my Transitions Jacket. Now, with the OEM, I'm much more comfortable but do experience a bit of buffeting when the screen is up. Down is too low for freeway riding as it's almost like not having anything up front.

All the recent talk on windscreens has me wondering about the tuning aspects and since I didn't start from scratch, I'm wondering what I have here.

Is this a tuning block set-up I have here in this pic?

I know I can pull it and experiment if, in fact, that's a tuning block but I was wondering what others experience was with the OEM shield WITHOUT the block?

822e609a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yups to you have the tuning block.

In my experience and we are about the same height - OEM shield with tuning block at full up position is almost Summer windshield nirvana - still flows a lot of air for me to keep cool and throws good clean stream of air at my head so absolutely no buffeting on my SHOEI helmet even in the triple digits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought my FeeJ with a new "Pope Mobile" version of a Rifle installed by the PO. I got the OEM shield, as well. I have since put the OEM back on because I was having to rethink my entire riding wardrobe while behind the massive Rifle screen. I was getting toasty with little air circulation through my Transitions Jacket. Now, with the OEM, I'm much more comfortable but do experience a bit of buffeting when the screen is up. Down is too low for freeway riding as it's almost like not having anything up front.
All the recent talk on windscreens has me wondering about the tuning aspects and since I didn't start from scratch, I'm wondering what I have here.

Is this a tuning block set-up I have here in this pic?

I know I can pull it and experiment if, in fact, that's a tuning block but I was wondering what others experience was with the OEM shield WITHOUT the block?

822e609a.jpg
Yes, you have the tuning block. Go on the Rifle site to find directions to remove ( 2 screws ). There's also a note about how the stock shield can touch (w/ tuning block installed), in the all the way down position. Mine does.

Mine doesn't touch anything ever, and I run the tuning block all the time.

Stock shield (dog days of summer), Ahamay Touring or Rifle Sport (spring and fall), and Rifle Touring Bran Door (in the real cold) depending on the weather.