windsheild removal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyro

Reaction score
how does the painted plastic peice that covers the windsceen screws come off?

But seriously, there is a couple of hex screws underneath If I remember right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously Jyro, search will be your best friend while using/looking for this site's vast info. This topic has been beat to death in the past. Here is a search that I did for you.

Welllll, that is a little extreme... but as you know, if folks don't try, especially after light hearted prodding TO GET THEM TO TRY, they might get their pee pee smacked.

Welllll, that is a little extreme... but as you know, if folks don't try, especially after light hearted prodding TO GET THEM TO TRY, they might get their pee pee smacked.

HEY now, ease up on the meat beating talk, may never get anybody to do a search again. :blink:

cadman

Man of Cad... you must've read wrong. The pee pee slap is in order to prod folks into searching.

Or are you saying that these folks will be in line to get theirs smacked. I didn't say whacked... I said smacked.

I tried doing a search but I guess I’m a dumb ass, couldn’t find anything. thanks to the people that posted the links. In the time it took some of you to make unhelpful comments you could of beaten the windshield removal to death once more and helped me out.

Just be thankful it's not Friday, or you'd have a whole weekend of this. 3mm allen wrench, philups head screwdriver. Don't overtighten the plastic screws, they strip very easy. Might as well get used to the remarks dude, skin seems a little thin. Someone will come along soon enough to help you. Bin-O-Facts is most helpful tool here.

In the time it took some of you to make unhelpful comments you could of beaten the windshield removal to death once more and helped me out.
Well... I guess that I did both... helped & made stupid comments. FYI, this is what happens around here a lot. Help & stupid comments. Thicker skin is a strong suggestion.

Oh also, a link to info on using google's search engine to find FJRForum info. The board's search feature leaves a bit to be desired. clicketh hereth

Good luck with whatever you're doing with your windshield,

Heidi

In the time it took some of you to make unhelpful comments you could of beaten the windshield removal to death once more and helped me out.
Great.........one more Search Welfare Recipient. That and they couldn't be bothered to click on a provided link. Ugh.

No, I don't think so. I'll be increasingly thinking about a policy and operational change on the board to bring folks like you up to speed on how easy it is to search as well as reducing our Search Welfare rolls. Thanks for playing. ;)

Man of Cad... you must've read wrong. The pee pee slap is in order to prod folks into searching.
Or are you saying that these folks will be in line to get theirs smacked. I didn't say whacked... I said smacked.

HasselhoffSpanking.gif

what better way to relax after a long day at the office, than to read the awesome humor provided herein!

thanks luv, thanks sock.

cadman

BTW - don't use LOCTITE when you reinstall the screws that hold on the plastic "W".

It'll make the tabs brittle over time (don't ask me how I know). Just snug 'em up without Loctite.