Windshield Bracket Covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lumberg

Merica
Reaction score
I need a set of the plastic covers that install over the black windshield retainer screws. Trim pieces, really. For installation on a 2014 FJR. My specific question is- are these interchangeable with earlier years (part, not color), and what is an applicable part number and source? This is for purely aesthetic reasons. They'll end up black one way or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a set of the plastic covers that install over the black windshield retainer screws. Trim pieces, really. For installation on a 2014 FJR. My specific question is- are these interchangeable with earlier years (part, not color), and what is an applicable part number and source? This is for purely aesthetic reasons. They'll end up black one way or the other.
Specific to 2013 and later.

As such, they will come in the 3 colors for gen 3's. You'll need to paint them yourself. Any Yamaha parts desk can get them. Monday I could look them up but you can do same with a phone call or visit to local dealer.

2013 part# 1MC-2842A-00-P2 (left) #1MC-2843C-00-P2 (right)

2014 part# 1MC-2842A-00-P5 (left) #1MC-2843C-00-P5 (right)

2015 part# 1MC-2842A-00-P6 (left) #1MC-2843C-00-P6 (right)

'13 & '14 covers show to be about $47 each, 2015 covers are about $44 each, at least on the site I found the part #'s at.

Why do you need these covers? Did you break them while installing an after market wind screen? For the sake of future wrenches, be careful to ensure these fragile pieces are properly in place before you tighten the set screws. The plastic tabs will break very easily. Don't ask me how I know!!

Mine are fully intact. I just don't like the red blotches on the windshield. I will be placing black ones and want to be able to put the stock ones back on when I sell the bike down the road.

Mine are fully intact. I just don't like the red blotches on the windshield. I will be placing black ones and want to be able to put the stock ones back on when I sell the bike down the road.
If you cannot find black covers why not get some black 3M film and cover them. You will need a heat gun or hair dryer to work the film into place.

I sanded and put flat black, bedliner actually. Matches the black of the center plastic in the almost fairing. Gloss would've looked fine too.