Windshield bracket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

On a ride through Glencoe last weekend I suffered a bird strike at 90 and its put a clean crack right through the left side of the "W" cover bracket over the screen on my 04. Luckily it was a small bird ( a swallow I think), but it was enough to put a crack in my Cee-Bailey screen too.

Asked my dealer for a place for the replacement "W" cover, still waiting but he reckoned it would be megabucks. Surely not for a piece of colour matched plastic?? Anyone out there had to acquire this "W" cover for a similar reason? Anyone know how much it costs?

Regards and many thanks, Glenn. :dirol:

+1 on Gary

part # 5VS-28323-00-P0 WASHER, LEG SHIELD

I'm guessing about $35 delivered (Edit: maybe a little more to the UK)

Good time to upgrade to a V-Stream shield, Gary sells them as well for ~ $130

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh, Paw, read that part description again, and tell me what color and shape that washer might be? The fiche is fukked up. I believe the part is called a Stay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh, Paw, read that part description again, and tell me what color and shape that washer might be? The fiche is fukked up. I believe the part is called a Stay.
Seemed like a stupid part name to me too but the price seemed about right ($33.74).

I figured with Gary's usual discount & shipping it would come back to about $35 with shipping.

I got it from the 2004 FJR fiche at fjrgoodies

(cowling 1, part 2 "washer, leg shield")

Hi all,

Many thanks for the posts, now I know the part I'm after is called a "leg shield cover".

Regards, Glenn. :bigglasses: