Windshield Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnuut

Reaction score
I read somewhere you could buy longer windshield brackets that raise and lower the windshield allowing it to go higher and lower than stock . is there such a thing? 08 fjr

Taller windshield...Yes!

Longer brackets...?????? :dntknw:

I've never heard of this but I'm a relative newb. :unsure:

O.M.G. That was my 8,000th post! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen it before either but here is some thoughts about the windshield and altering the brackets. Clicky

Oh and I see MM is post whoring again :rolleyes:

8000. I remember when I got that many miles on my bike :blink:

Never seen it before either but here is some thoughts about the windshield and altering the brackets. Clicky
Wow, that brings back memories. I still have the billet aluminum pieces I roughed out. I spent a lot of time on that project before realizing it wasn't going to work.

The '08 fairing stay and windshield track is different than the '06 so at least people won't be tempted like I was.

Wow, that brings back memories. I still have the billet aluminum pieces I roughed out. I spent a lot of time on that project before realizing it wasn't going to work.
It sure did! :rolleyes:

I went back and reread the posts and it got a little "sticky" for awhile but "no blood, no foul".

Ever notice how Fred W's ideas while innovative, seem to piss some members off? :unsure:

He'd been a real heretic in the 16th century. :ph34r:

In the end though, a good time was had by all. B)