WindShield Mix and Match???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeroux

Reaction score
So-Cal ( and LD Hard Core ) pilots!

Whaddya say we all meet and swap shields ( with short test runs ) to really see JUST WHAT FOOKIN SHIELD rocks our boat?

There seems to be way to much variation in riding style and what not to proclaim "Best Shield" for any one rider.

I propose the Stucco Dinosaurs in Cabazon,CA off the I-10 for the consistently windy conditions ( hard to the east ) and ease of transport.

We can then eat at "Spankys" BBQ. No affiliation.<G>

Whaddya say? April 21 or 28?

This is for BOTH Gen I and II bikes.

Come on with your come on.

GZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a good idea as long as you match up rider heights and pre-06 versus 06-07. Otherwise, the comparison results would lack integrity and you still won't KNOW anything for certain.

Not that trying to swap between pre-06 and 06/07 wouldn't be fun to watch. :)

I think the intent is for each person to make their own determination. Each rider has their own perception of what is good and bad for them. For example Skooter, skyway, and I have all ridden skooters bike 'Flipper' with a Rifle shied installed. All three of us are about the same height, and all three of us have very different opinions on the shield.

I'm in. I really want to see the difference between a Cee Bailes flip vs no flip on a shield of the same size.

I think the intent is for each person to make their own determination. Each rider has their own perception of what is good and bad for them. For example Skooter, skyway, and I have all ridden skooters bike 'Flipper' with a Rifle shied installed. All three of us are about the same height, and all three of us have very different opinions on the shield.
I'm in. I really want to see the difference between a Cee Bailes flip vs no flip on a shield of the same size.
no far away to meet-but I am going crazy trying to decide what shield to purchase -I know the factory shield will not work for me noisy and head buffeting at full height-wind blast lowered dont want to spend the money trying several shields would like to purchase just one

Great idea G.

I just bought and sold a Cal-sci in a weeks time frame. I guess if V-steam is actually out for gen 2 now thats next. I'll be happy to swap around. just don't know that I could make those dates. That is spring-break and it looks like Disney is calling this year. but it would be a good time to shoot for a BBG B)

So-Cal ( and LD Hard Core ) pilots!
Whaddya say we all meet and swap shields ( with short test runs ) to really see JUST WHAT FOOKIN SHIELD rocks our boat?

There seems to be way to much variation in riding style and what not to proclaim "Best Shield" for any one rider.

I propose the Stucco Dinosaurs in Cabazon,CA off the I-10 for the consistently windy conditions ( hard to the east ) and ease of transport.

We can then eat at "Spankys" BBQ. No affiliation.<G>

Whaddya say? April 21 or 28?

This is for BOTH Gen I and II bikes.

Come on with your come on.

GZ
I think thats an excellent idea George count me in.

Richard

I will see you Calexico