• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Windshield motor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arny

Reaction score
Wanted - Windshild motor for a 2005 FJR. Looking for a good buy on a used unit. I can pick up a new unit for about $350.00, but I was hoping to find someone that might be parting out an FJR and would be willing to part with it for a reasonable price. Any info appreciated.

Arny

There have been a couple of reports of windshield motor failures.

I can pick up a new unit for about $350.00
Arny, is that the price from University Motors or a local dealer? University would have one of the lowest prices around.

Arny, here's one on ebay, $200 or best offer from a 2005. Hope this helps.
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-FJR-1300...sspagenameZWD1V
Thanks for letting me know, It sold for $100.00 b4 I could get to it. Kinda frustrating, I chekc e-bay almost daily for FJR parts and this never came up on my searches. I have since fixed my motor which works fine, but one of the ears that mounts to the brace was broken off, I had it welded (aluminum at a local shp for $20.00. It is on the bike and works great.

Thanks again for your feedback

ad

Just curious, did the original fail?
- Mark
No the motor is fine, It had a broken ear that mounts up to the swivel that goes up to the windshield. It is aluminum and I got it refabbed at a local shop for $20.00. It's on the bike and working fine.