Windshield Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRski_2007

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase Calsc Medium windshield for 2007 FJR. Would anyone know how much larger is it compared to stock windshield? In height and weidth?

So what do these numbers mean:+2.5" 24.5" 13"
I'd guess, from reading the table:

+2.5"= 2.5" taller than the stock windshield.

24.5"= 24.5" wide at the bottom, the widest part of the windshield.

13"= 13" wide at the top corners of the windshield.

The CalSci windshield isn't shaped the same as the OEM or other aftermarked windshields, like my CeeBailey. They are wider at the bottom to help direct wind around your hands and they roughly follow the OEM contour until above the attachment brackets, then they taper so they are much narrower than the OEM windshield at the top.

This works quite well and there is no reason to deflect as much wind around your head thus causing more pressure against the mounting assembly.

I just bought the Large for my 2006 FJR. For me, at 5'11", it's a LOT better than stock. I still might have gone with the XL as I really like being able to sit up straight and still look through the lower 1 inch of the windshield in the fully up position. With the Large, I'm looking just over the top - so I suppose that's about right - but it would still be nice to see if I liked an extra inch on the top. I think you'll like the Calsci windshield. They really do only take about 5 minutes to replace the stock one with the new one. Good customer service too!

RC

I'm looking to purchase Calsc Medium windshield for 2007 FJR. Would anyone know how much larger is it compared to stock windshield? In height and weidth?
I bought the Cal-Sci extra tall and am extremely pleased w/ it. With the infinitely adjustable w/s, I bought the tallest one available. I'm 6'2" and with the w/s all the way up, I'm looking thru 3-4" of w/s so I probably could have got the tall. Oh well it's just that much more protection. I ride with the w/s up so I can just see over the top. NO TURBULENCE OR BUFFETTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jevers