Windshield won't retract

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary442

Reaction score
All of a sudden my windshield ( 04 FJR) won't retract when the iginition is turned off.....the handlebar switch still works ok though..any thoughts ? thanks

Just got back from the garage..yes, the connector in question was loose...re-inserted it but windshield still won't retract automatically.....also checked the fuse, of course if that were blown the windshield wouldn't work at all....anyone have any ideas ? I supposed I could just leave it alone but curiousity has the best of me on this one...

Just got back from the garage..yes, the connector in question was loose...re-inserted it but windshield still won't retract automatically.....also checked the fuse, of course if that were blown the windshield wouldn't work at all....anyone have any ideas ? I supposed I could just leave it alone but curiousity has the best of me on this one...
Look at it this way, it's a feature not a bug :rolleyes:

Look at it this way, it's a feature not a bug :rolleyes:
My '05 just started to have a finicky auto-retract - has happened 2 or 3 times, but not in a row. I think the main reason for auto-retract is to prevent the sun causing a hot spot by magnification through the windshield, and since I park the beast in the Sac summer sun, I will have to look for the cause soon.