Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky3008

Finally got my collarbone fixed!!!
Reaction score
Windshield1

Windshield2

Windshield3

Windshield4

I used Steal Wool, the finest they make 0000, and sanded both directions until it was no longer shiney on the inside.

I used blue painters tape and taped the outside and used a razor to cut the edge even with the edge of the windshield.

I cleaned the windshield as best I could but it is no paint booth in my garage.

Some fish eyes on the inside and some dirt. After an hour I wet sanded it with 600 grit sand paper and repainted and then did it a second time.

After taking the tape off, the outside of the windshield is flawless.

Used Krylon paint for plastic. Dries very fast in about an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice, but, and this might only be me, but, I like being able to see through my windshield sometimes.

It looks mucho cool there, Sparky. Not for me, I use mine to see through, but very cool looking. Kinda stealthy. Thought about shortening it some?

Looks pretty cool... I would probably opt for a dark tinted shield so I could see through it.

If Sparky's FJR could talk... "Oh shit... he's back... with a beer in one hand and a hack saw in the other... what in the hell has he got up his sleeve this time". :dribble:

Ya know, that reminds me, I oughta see if I can get Lazzo to make us more of those cool FJR1300 windshield decals.

You apply the decal before doing the stealth painting of the windscreen, and it looks exceptionally nice afterward. This is a shot of my old Timex from April, 2004:

lft_frt_qtr.jpg

There is never a time - ever - that I need to look through the windscreen, so it makes no difference to me that you can't see through it. Even when I raise it almost to it's highest (like during a rainstorm, or cresting a 9000' summit at 3AM when it's 30 degrees out, etc), I am still not looking through it.

Excellent job, Sparky, it looks very, very good!! B)

Thanks for all the compliments.

This is the stock windshield. I also have a Cee Bailey that is taller and wider.

I find that I never look through either and I don't even raise them. I find the raising to cause to many issues of buffeting, back pressure etc. that I personally don't want to spend anymore time or money trying to resolve.

I wish I knew Warchild put the sticker on first as I would have waited as I really like his sticker.

Heck if he could get some I would buy one for the rear window of my Ram...

Different - to each there own!
Well, at least we can agree on your avatar.

Did you see the auctioning of His personal motorcycle and collection of trophies.

Man that must be one lucky bastard that now owns his bike...

Yea, I like that decal too. I posted a decal topic while back looking for a decal such as this, but got no response. Want to put it on the back glass of my truck. Think it would look much more classy than the Hardly decal. If anyone still makes this decal, I'd like to know who, so I can place an order.

K-2 is your name based on the mountain?

Just saw a mountaineer show on the attempt of climbing it. Pretty wild story.

Of course it could be just as simple as 2002 fjr1300 :)

Yea, I like that decal too. I posted a decal topic while back looking for a decal such as this, but got no response. Want to put it on the back glass of my truck. Think it would look much more classy than the Hardly decal. If anyone still makes this decal, I'd like to know who, so I can place an order.
Yea, Hopefully Warchild will look back at this topic or if he doesn't we can pm him...

i can't help wodering if doing that voids your insurance.

derek

i can't help wodering if doing that voids your insurance.
derek
Your insurance doesn't even know what a sissy bar is why would they care about this :D

Look, I road for a long time wondering if I ever look through my windshield, I don't.

The looks answers the question for me and I love it.

Carnifex, DO IT...