Winter Farkles pt. 1 complete

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DELETE-PLEASE

Reaction score
Here's what I did on my own (with more sweat than blood, and most of that sweat due to nervousness)...

Already installed by self:

Custom seats for the wifey and me.

Installed a GIVI rack (didn't come with hardware so threw some washers together for spacers)

A headlight modulator (TRUE plug and play, SUPER easy)

Garmin Charger right off of the battery

R&G Sliders (torqued w/o anti-sieze, but dealer will probably fix it when he does my valve check and has to put it back together)

A bolt through the rear bags to secure them to the bike (pinned them to the bike from the bottom part that they line up with)

V-Strom handguards

Dealer:

Valve Check

PR2 tires

Hyperpro springs

stuff yet to be done (next two or three months):

Trailer hitch from Dauntless

Datel Voltmeter

After that stuff, I think I should be good to go!!! Whew!!! Been a long year buying stuff, and now I get to put it all in! VERY excited!

Alexi

Oh yeah, and the best part is that the love of my life was VERY nice to me. We don't have a garage (living in a townhouse), and it was unusually cold here in TX the last few days. So with a little convincing and batting of my long, powerful, masculine eyelashes, I convinced her to allow me to pull the motorcycle in the hallway right inside the front door. SO nice to work on the bike inside while watching some DVDs instead of outside in the cold.

Pics to come in a day or two once I get an opportunity to put ONE more thing on (pics of the bike, not of my puppy dog eyes that she can't resist)

Alexi

Here's what I did on my own (with more sweat than blood, and most of that sweat due to nervousness)...
Already installed by self:

Custom seats for the wifey and me.

Installed a GIVI rack (didn't come with hardware so threw some washers together for spacers)

A headlight modulator (TRUE plug and play, SUPER easy)

Garmin Charger right off of the battery

R&G Sliders (torqued w/o anti-sieze, but dealer will probably fix it when he does my valve check and has to put it back together)

A bolt through the rear bags to secure them to the bike (pinned them to the bike from the bottom part that they line up with)

V-Strom handguards

Dealer:

Valve Check

PR2 tires

Hyperpro springs

stuff yet to be done (next two or three months):

Trailer hitch from Dauntless

Datel Voltmeter

After that stuff, I think I should be good to go!!! Whew!!! Been a long year buying stuff, and now I get to put it all in! VERY excited!

Alexi
when you do your tire change do you plan to add 90 (or whatever is close to that) degree stems?