Wireless Helmet Brake Light Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that pretty dam neat i have to say, the question i would have is "will the one transmitter effect other riders with the 15ft radius?"
Actually that would be cool - but realistically how many times would you be riding that close to someone with one - and not need to brake at the same time?

Can anyone tell me what brake light bulb we have in the 08 FJR so I can order the right one? I may just opt for the transmitter version and leave the bulbs alone.

Best I can do is an 06 model:

Koito 12v 21/5W P21/5W E4 2AL Japan 6-2-A

I would guess it's 12 volts (duh) 21 W (brake light) 5W (tail light) and is manufactured in Japan :rolleyes:

It is however, a double contact bulb.

Good luck.

Can anyone tell me what brake light bulb we have in the 08 FJR so I can order the right one? I may just opt for the transmitter version and leave the bulbs alone.

Best I can do is an 06 model:

Koito 12v 21/5W P21/5W E4 2AL Japan 6-2-A

I would guess it's 12 volts (duh) 21 W (brake light) 5W (tail light) and is manufactured in Japan :rolleyes:

It is however, a double contact bulb.

Good luck.
From the web site:

"Models are available to replace an 1157 or 3157 brake light bulb. If your motorcycle doesn’t use either of these, no problem. There is another model that uses a small, two-wire transmitter. You’ll need to connect one wire to your brake light circuit and the other wire to ground."

Based on what you said, that would be the 3157?