Wiring Kit for Starmate?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valueman

Reaction score
I just purchased a Starmate radio for the FJR. I have had a Roady for the last few years, but have just growm to dislike the XM playlists. I have Sirius in my car and just like it better.

Anyway, the question is does anyone know of a wiring kit that would allow me to wire the radio into the bike's power rather than using the cig lighter adapter?

TIA

VM

I just purchased a Starmate radio for the FJR. I have had a Roady for the last few years, but have just growm to dislike the XM playlists. I have Sirius in my car and just like it better.
Anyway, the question is does anyone know of a wiring kit that would allow me to wire the radio into the bike's power rather than using the cig lighter adapter?

TIA

VM
I do not know of a wiring kit readily available, but you could cut off the cig lighter end and then solder on a in-line fuse and hard wire it to your battery. Please visit our website for other audio equipment you might find useful. For example we have a clear vinyl raincover that fits the Starmate radio. They also fit radar detectors and cell phones.

Premier Cycle Accessories