Woe is me

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIGHLANDER

naewittyshitepostedeere
Reaction score
So my wife tells me she's out of town for the weekend, woe is me, it means I'll have to load up the bike and take off for the road.... bummer.....all that packin to do.... some last minute ride planning...checking oil/gas/ tires etc....let's head south I guess....... :dntknw:

75-miles.jpg

who built that road... probably had stock in tires and rubber .....

74-miles.jpg

Hey I shot those two pics on the way back, into the sun, after about 11 hours in the saddle , so quit bitchin... :D

man ..what a crummy road.... :rolleyes:

The-1.jpg

Where's all the trailers and motor homes..how's a guy supposed to cross the double yellow......

empty-road.jpg

Finally ran into traffic, almost went ballistic and had road rage, lucky the Python was in my side case... :wacko:

HD.jpg

Jeez...look at all this funky scenery....

scene-1.jpg

scene-2.jpg

scene-3.jpg

enough to make ya throw up..... :sicksmiley02:

glad I got over bridge phobia ...

Bridge-1.jpg

bridge-2.jpg

bridge-3.jpg

After a few hours south I get to the dirt road I was looking for.....almost threw up again from scenery overload and lack of any vehicles to hooliganize... :whistle:

time-to-get-dirty.jpg

It rains in cali...who knew....

No-rain.jpg

South-coast-ridge.jpg

Somebody pave that will ya.....

Pave-it-.jpg

too many trees, where's the sudden death Oak Syndrome when ya need it.... :rolleyes:

trees.jpg

looks like I need to ride the ridge ....

ridge.jpg

yea Cali's too crowded, you fawks stay wherever the hell you are.... :lol:

coastal-range.jpg

another 8 miles to go..darn..( Lying bastard of a sign ).... :unsure:

8-miles.jpg

peaks.jpg

HMMMM.... starting to think this road doesn't see much traffic..where's CalTrans ?????

road-less-travelled.jpg

Not a good sign............ :unsure:

not-a-good-sign.jpg

WTF?????????

dead-end.jpg

Ok I can check out Three Peak eh ??????......NOPE ! :rolleyes:

locked.jpg

Oh well, guess I'll ride the ridge backwards.... :D

ridge-2.jpg

Even garmin is lost.....but The 1 and the Big Blue are starting to show up.... :yahoo:

GPS.jpg

Closer....

closer.jpg

Too close....

too-close.jpg

Ok northbound again to dirt road # 2 ...might throw up again... :D

northbound.jpg

Headed for Cone peak, highest peak in the coastal range...more of this......

rocky-road.jpg

Soma dat......

coastal.jpg

2 for 2 today... :rolleyes:

dead-end-2.jpg

I'll have to ride back aaaaallllllll that way...... :D

snakin.jpg

Don't fawk up here......

the-edge.jpg

Northbound again to dirt road # 3... ;)

north-bound.jpg

Redwood deck anyone...... :lol:

redwood-decks.jpg

Shoulda brought my chain saw....

redwood.jpg

Man... what a waste of a day, 13 hours of riding....probably should have ridden the freeway for 1000 miles and got a silly license plate frame. :p

HIGHLANDER,

Very NICE!!! Looks like a BLAST!!! Thats what I call a good days ride!!

SWEET!!!!

WW

My wife is out of town as well this weekend, and the next two. the difference is that I have 2 kids (a 2 year old, and a 6 month old) to take care of on my own while she is away. For some reason I just don't see me being able to have the kind of weekend you did. Then there is the added fact that the roads on the west coast are nice, and the ones here in the Midwest SUCK. I will take your "Woe" over mine any day.

Gee, Dave, thanks for letting us "share your burden"! :blum: Obviously, it sucks to be you and to be forced to live near the coast. :rolleyes:

Seriously good ride and report. :yahoo:

Good show! Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed those pix all the way from TN.

The PCH is on my list, and so is the "avenue of the giants", and so is....., and so is...... :bike:

Dave, I don't know where guys like me would be if guys like you weren't out there dealing with those crappy roads for us. I guess somebody has to do it, eh? :huh:

Nice way to spend the day. ;)

My wife is out of town as well this weekend, and the next two. the difference is that I have 2 kids (a 2 year old, and a 6 month old) to take care of on my own while she is away. For some reason I just don't see me being able to have the kind of weekend you did. Then there is the added fact that the roads on the west coast are nice, and the ones here in the Midwest SUCK. I will take your "Woe" over mine any day.
Yeah sounds like you need a top case and a side car. Problem solved!

You lazy bum. You know you puposely blew off that honey do list. Someone is gonna get spankin! :yahoo:

Congrats on the epic ride and thanks for sharin.

[SIZE=24pt]!!** A W E S O M E **!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Dave, wonderful ride, great pics and you sure know how to enjoy the day!! I'm very envious of that ride ...you put that bike to some great use. IMO nothing better than a day like you had ...and thanks for sharing it.[/SIZE]

road-less-travelled.jpg

....and Dave, you certainly are no Street Pussy!!!

[SIZE=14pt]....RenoJohn[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Edit: Phuck, I can't quit looking at all those great pics ....amazing stuff.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator: