Woo Hoo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bounce

Chicks Dig Scars
Staff member
Reaction score
This is great news! I already have my H3 kit for converting my PIAA 910 aux lights. This was a killer deal. Going into it I knew what I wanted and what I wanted to accomplish with the conversion. To say I am pleased with the process and results is an understatement. The entry fee into HID has never been so sweet.

All I can say is thanks for hooking us up with this source and cutting us loose to make our own way as adults; researching before the buy and not blaming someone else in the event our personal situations change after we complete the purchase.

+1 on the big thanks to Warchild for his patience and dedication to this project. My only question is why hasn't everybody already bought their kits? It's been ongoing for over a month. I got mine very early on. I guess all the wallflowers are waiting for the pioneers to lead the way. Thanks again WC for all you do for our community.

Here are some links to the mods currently being done to the Hi/Lo kit for better high beam output:

Jestal mods

FJRocket mods

Thanks guys for the engineering & assistance!

Last edited by a moderator:
THANKS to Warchild!! I just ordered the low only.

Any suggestion on driving light for the high beams?

I had just sent warchild a message 2 days ago hoping to be able to still get these lites but thought I might have missed out so no hesitation this time.

THANKS to Warchild!! I just ordered the low only.
Any suggestion on driving light for the high beams?

I had just sent warchild a message 2 days ago hoping to be able to still get these lites but thought I might have missed out so no hesitation this time.
I've converted my PIAA 910's (H3 bulbs). Since I already had them for driving lights, the cost was reasonable. To buy the 910s and then convert them wouldn't be as cost effective.

One HID driving light, that is getting good reviews, are the Hella Micro DE Xenon (driving lights - not the fog lights). Nice beam pattern, reasonable price for a ground-up HID lamp, and in a package that would mount on the high-and-wide brackets that are the choice of most endurance riders. FJR Goodies is one place that makes a high-and-wide type bracket.

hella_micro_de_xenon_light_kit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What with Christmas right around the corner, when is the end-date for the self buy?Jim
The seller has never provided an end date, so we don't really know. While one may consider that to mean it's just an open-ended buy, we don't know if that is true or not either.

So.... I'm guessing you just take your chances the longer you wait....
shrug.gif

I ordered the HID conversion low only on friday 12/02 and it arrived vtoday via FED EX. That is some premium service. Now to oreder ff200,s and take the front end off the bike.