WOOHOO Skyway sliders do work

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonicspeed

Tennessee Volunteer
Reaction score
after 3855 miles i finally dropped my bike

in my driveway 15 mins. ago, turning around to back under the carport, i lost my concentration and let her drop :angry2:

only got a little scratch on the bag and roughed up the slider a little bit. other than that everything is good

oh and backing up ya butt to the seat to lift it works :yahoo:

Congratulations???

I dropped mine in my driveway 2 days after I installed my skyway sliders. same damage as you reported..luckily for me my neighbor and his son just happend to see and helped me lift her back up.

When they start to go, there ain't much you can do but try and make it go down gently...

KM

everytime i buy a new vehicle i kinda look forward to putting the first scratch on it. after that happens then the vehicle really feels like it is mine.

after 3855 miles i finally dropped my bike
in my driveway 15 mins. ago, turning around to back under the carport, i lost my concentration and let her drop :angry2:

only got a little scratch on the bag and roughed up the slider a little bit. other than that everything is good

Whoops..............You have to throw your body under that thing next time!!! Broken bones heal!!!!! You don't want your baby to think you don't care about her right??? Now go back to the garage and tell her you're sorry :blink: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
after 3855 miles i finally dropped my bikein my driveway 15 mins. ago, turning around to back under the carport, i lost my concentration and let her drop :angry2:

Hey good for you! now that you have sliders you can drop it anytime do big deal. Hell you dont even need a kick stand!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Glad the damage was minimal. And thanks for the reminder. I bought my sliders a couple of months ago, just haven't put them on yet. Think I'll go do it now. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't drop my bikes. I'm not proud about it, though - I could have a mishap, any day, any time.

Sliders are a good idea, but I've never had any. My perfect record for the last (?)years could end, this afternoon, and it's foolish to not be prepared for it.

Sorry about your accident. Better luck, next time.

Skyway, you said? I think I'll look them up...

Ever noticed that when you look at a dropped bike it appears all sad and dejected? Like, THAT'S OKAY, JUST LET ME LAY HERE!

Man, talk about guilt :unsure:

everytime i buy a new vehicle i kinda look forward to putting the first scratch on it. after that happens then the vehicle really feels like it is mine.
Reminds me of that wonderful movie The Matchmaker, where the Irish matchmaker, Dermot, butts together the heads of the two intendeds, saying, "There's a time in every relationship when you'll both bend over to pick something up and hit your heads together. Best to get it out of the way."

Great movie. Watch it with your SO.

Jb

after 3855 miles i finally dropped my bikein my driveway 15 mins. ago, turning around to back under the carport, i lost my concentration and let her drop :angry2:

Hey good for you! now that you have sliders you can drop it anytime do big deal. Hell you dont even need a kick stand!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:lol: :lol:

For me it was two weeks after I got the FJR.

I was looking goood pulling into the gas station...James Dean toothpick in the mouth (which looses some effect with a full face helmet)...flipped the stand down with a flourish (not noticing that the "flourish" had caused it to flip back up).

I stepped off the bike and was two strides away before it was down. The adrenalin of embarrassment had the bike back up before I could look around to see who had watched me make an idiot move.

Reminds me of that wonderful movie The Matchmaker, where the Irish matchmaker, Dermot, butts together the heads of the two intendeds, saying, "There's a time in every relationship when you'll both bend over to pick something up and hit your heads together. Best to get it out of the way."

Great movie. Watch it with your SO.

Jb

thanks i'll have to rent that one

For me it was two weeks after I got the FJR.
I was looking goood pulling into the gas station...James Dean toothpick in the mouth (which looses some effect with a full face helmet)...flipped the stand down with a flourish (not noticing that the "flourish" had caused it to flip back up).

I stepped off the bike and was two strides away before it was down. The adrenalin of embarrassment had the bike back up before I could look around to see who had watched me make an idiot move.
i did it in front of my daughter :blink:

ahhh the shame :D

I tipped mine over the day after I bought it. When I put the kickstand down, apparently I didn't do that thing I just said.

It was a somewhat steep driveway, and I was almost entirely off the bike when I realized that the stand wasn't down. Then I discovered I was too far off the bike to get back on, it was too far over for me to stand it back up, and I was slowly sliding away from the bike.

I really more 'set it down' than anything else, but I was surprised at how easy it was to stand it back up!

The paint on my mirror got pretty scratched up because the mirror 'folded'. The scratches on the luggage were pretty small, and the paint got a little nicked on the side of the alternator cover...

But other than that, no real harm done! It does feel almost...liberating after that first scratch.

Got drunk one day and washed it once......once. Washed the car at the same time. We'll compare at SFO, eh?