Woooo-hoooo!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeatherneckPA

Reaction score
:yahoo: I finally got it!! Two weeks ago I started calling Yamaha dealers in progressively wider circles from home. About two hours away (Pine Grove, PA) I found a 2007 with less than 100 test ride miles on it for only $11k. Needless to say I jumped on it. :yahoo:

(Not to start a color war or anything, but I really did not want a black motorcycle. Had one once. Terribly hard to keep clean enough to look good. And I don't wash my bikes very often anyway.)

Been riding it back and forth, hither and yon for the last two weeks and will never be happy with a HD again. Talk about "get up and gone"! well, I have to go gather my excess roosters for slaughter, but I'll be back and a regular poster from here on out.

PS - Who's the guy with the FJR Forum windshield stickers?

Last edited by a moderator:
So...do you pass Harleys in formation now? They don't seem to like that for some reason... :)

I know exactly how you feel...that new FJR feeling and the frozen grin thing... :yahoo:

Once you experience more it is hard to live with less ! A lot of us are pirate converts . . .Well at least in rides & clothing . . .

Welcome to the collective.

Your new backyard playground

CAK8L0IQ.jpg

:yahoo: I finally got it!! Two weeks ago I started calling Yamaha dealers in progressively wider circles from home. About two hours away (Pine Grove, PA) I found a 2007 with less than 100 test ride miles on it for only $11k. Needless to say I jumped on it. :yahoo:
(Not to start a color war or anything, but I really did not want a black motorcycle. Had one once. Terribly hard to keep clean enough to look good. And I don't wash my bikes very often anyway.)

Been riding it back and forth, hither and yon for the last two weeks and will never be happy with a HD again. Talk about "get up and gone"! well, I have to go gather my excess roosters for slaughter, but I'll be back and a regular poster from here on out.

PS - Who's the guy with the FJR Forum windshield stickers?
The purple ones don't look good dirty either. :yahoo:

Since the turn of the century I've made a habit of buying brand new bikes. Something I never did before that. Had a Concours, an Electra-Glide Ultra, a Heritage Classic, a Road Glide, and a V-Strom 1000. The V pretty much cured me of Harleys and this FJR has dealt them the death knell.

Now the problem is, which bike to take to any given bicycle race?

Wow, they let the fastest, coolest, best looking, model of all the FJR's go for 11K? You are obviously a man of good taste, a man among men. I believe it was Mark Twain that said "The 2007 FJR is without doubt the finest motoring machine man has ever slung a leg over." You are one lucky guy to find one with just 100 miles on it.

I believe it was Mark Twain that said "The 2007 FJR is without doubt the finest motoring machine man has ever slung a leg over."
Yes, Twain was a black cherry man, [SIZE=14pt]BUT[/SIZE]

a little known poem by, ...um, ....E. E. Cummings, exclaims-

ya gotta go blue

whatever you do

those with big dix

ride an oh six

Thas beautiful, huh?

Sorry, Michael, but you've got your poems mixed up a little bit. In the poem you refer to, Mr. Cummings was referring to the '06 Stanley Steamer. You probably meant to refer to his later poem such as this;

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

'07's are heaven,

'06's are dickless.

Mr. Cummings wrote this early this year when he was 114 years old.

Sorry, Michael, but you've got your poems mixed up a little bit. In the poem you refer to, Mr. Cummings was referring to the '06 Stanley Steamer. You probably meant to refer to his later poem such as this;
Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

'07's are heaven,

'06's are dickless.

Mmmmm.....

Roses are red

Violets are blue

If you own an '08'

Only 'Silver' will do.......... :yahoo:

That is unless you also own a 07 Meanstreak then thats got to be Black.......

Hey congrats on the great find. I must have gotten the other one you would have found. I got my 07Cherrie' at Larry's Sport Center in Galeton,Pa Aug 30. It had been sitting there since Feb 07 and better yet they gave me an even trade for my 05 Wide Glide with 39k miles and bald tires :p Once I got back to Maryland the first thing I did was release the throttle spring 1 turn and added the G2 throttle tube and the farkles continue. Now a month and a half later I'm approaching 4k miles and lovin every minute. We will have to come up and visit next spring. Ride Safe and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

'07's are heaven,

'06's are dickless.

U dumbass...Now I have to clean beer-spit off of my keyboard and desk. I donno why I thought that was funny...It doesn't even rhyme. :lol: :lol:

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

'07's are heaven,

'06's are dickless.

Mmmmm.....

Roses are red

Violets are blue

If you own an '08'

Only 'Silver' will do.......... :yahoo:
As Joyce Killmer said in her poem "Trees"

A tree that may in summer wear

a nest of robins in her hair

If it ain't an 05 you can kiss you know where

Longfellow said in Footsteps of Angels:

When the hours of Day are numbered,

And the voices of the Night

Wake the better soul, and ride gallaxy blue.

You know why they called him LongFellow? Right? :lol:

Hey at least I f...ing rhymed.

Hey Leatherneck, congrats on your find and decision. I too am new to the FJR fold and in fact don't pick up my new '08 until next Saturday. I have ridden up around your area many times. Lots of great roads up there and not too far from the famous Route 6. I'm sure I'll be up that way again after I get the new bike.

I myself am coming off a Blackbird and a Valkyrie so the FJR should combine the best of both worlds.

Good luck with the scoot and maybe our paths will cross somewhere, sometime in the Commonwealth.

Leatherneck - good choice on the Black Cherry 2007A. I bought my '07 in April in So. Cal (OTD Cyclesports) for $11,999 out-the-door (thus the name of the dealership).