Would a Flash Drive Camcorder work?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DELETE-PLEASE

Reaction score
Just curious. I see all sorts of mounting options and things like that, but I was looking around (for something else) and stumbled upon this . . . .

https://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camcorders...7-33637213.html

Seems to me just a simple mount or heck, maybe even strong velcro would allow this thing to record a ride. And in HD nonetheless. I'm just curious as to something like this would be a viable option should I get the notion to try it out next year.

Alexi

I use a Cannon FS100, its a simple, budget priced, flash video camera that is light weight. No frills, no video in connections. Just a straight compact video recorder. The memory cards are a common item at Walmart and so is the camera. I wouldn't have a camera that only provided internal memory. Flash is the way to go, no issues for the last couple years using it on a Ram Ball mount.

Cannon FS100

FS100 Review

32786399-2-440-OVR-1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a cheapo JVC flash drive camcorder on my bike. I chose this type because here are no moving parts in the record process for vibration to mess with. I use it on a Ram ball mount. Works great.

I use an Oregon Scientific AT18, mounted on the wing mirror support. It works OK and gives about an hour of VGA video on a 2gb SD card. My biggest gripes are the rubber-covered operating buttons, which are difficult to press at the best of times, much less with gloves, and the automatic exposure setting which on a fine day can be fooled by the sky into giving underexposure of the road view.

Regards

Chris

I use a Cannon FS100, its a simple, budget priced, flash video camera that is light weight. No frills, no video in connections. Just a straight compact video recorder. The memory cards are a common item at Walmart and so is the camera. I wouldn't have a camera that only provided internal memory. Flash is the way to go, no issues for the last couple years using it on a Ram Ball mount.
Cannon FS100

FS100 Review

32786399-2-440-OVR-1.gif

Same set up on mine with a ram ball on the left mirror mount and a 5" extension to clear the windshield. Then I clamped a mount onto the passenger grab rail on the back. Works like a charm! Lot's of time and battery available on that camera and the flash drive cards are easy and fairly cheap! Definitely the way to go over any mini dvd or tape.

Flash drives are the only way to go with motorcycle filming. No vibration issues.

I use a Helmet Cam and mount it on my...er...helmet! I like the way it works but I'm still having issues (probably operator error) with the resolution