WSBK Qatar --- SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfooshee

O, Woe is me!!
Reaction score
Spies doubles at Qatar!!!! Pulling away both times.

Had a rough start in race 1, went into turn 1 5th. Got to 3rd pretty quickly, and stayed there a while. Those three pulled away from the field for several laps. Spies had an awesome move to take second, and later the same lap a mistake by Biaggi gave him an opening for the lead, and he started pulling away.

Second race he got a better start, 3rd at turn 1, still dropped to 5th later. Didn't take long to get up front, and was the only rider still breaking 2 minutes at the end. Again, going away.

It's plain Spies knows how to manage a race, his bike, and his tires. He wasn't where he wanted to be at the beginning of either race, but he knows it isn't the beginning that counts. No panic, just keep pace, take what comes when it comes. Once in front, go away.

Perfect race plan, for a perfect weekend: Pole, fast lap, and both wins, and fastest in every session. On a track he's never seen.

Corser was up there with the BMW in race 2, but faded quickly. Is the bike hard on tires?

Biaggi and Haga filled out the podium in both races on their Eye-talian bikes. That 'Prilya was strong! Just not quite strong as the twin, but wow, was it good on the brakes!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
As we discussed this afternoon, Ben previously (2+ years ago) had problems in traffic. If he wasn't leading, he couldn't move through traffic. It's terrific to see he's overcome this problem and is becoming the world class superstar he deserves to be.

Hypothetically, what would happen if Rossi left Yamaha at the end of this year? Might Yamaha go with an all-Texas team? :)

(Things that make you go "Hhhhmmmmmmmm...")

As we discussed this afternoon, Ben previously (2+ years ago) had problems in traffic. If he wasn't leading, he couldn't move through traffic. It's terrific to see he's overcome this problem and is becoming the world class superstar he deserves to be.
Hypothetically, what would happen if Rossi left Yamaha at the end of this year? Might Yamaha go with an all-Texas team? :)

Congrats to Ben and to Yamaha! Nitro Nori and Biatchi looked more reserved than I remember.

I'm thinking that low man on the totem pole at Tech3 is definitely the hot seat! Colin or Toseland better watch out! :assassin:

And boot Lorenzo for Edwards??? Don't see that happening.

Three in a row! Go Ben.
What an excuse Haga had about Ben 10 years his younger. Mmmm is it the rider or the bike?

I'll go with the rider

Yep. Thought that was kind of funny too. Nori has been chasing the perfet ride, and he leaves the bike that is beating him now. Makes you go hmmm...

Three in a row! Go Ben.
What an excuse Haga had about Ben 10 years his younger. Mmmm is it the rider or the bike?

I'll go with the rider
If you saw the post race interview, he was clearly doing his best to make a joke
Agreed. Nori has a great sense of humor, which sometimes doesn't come out well in his delivery, but I thought he was clearly trying to be funny and give Ben a humurous jab. I love the guy myself. It will be a good season, for sure.

Three in a row! Go Ben.

I'll go with the rider
If you saw the post race interview, he was clearly doing his best to make a joke
Agreed. Nori has a great sense of humor, which sometimes doesn't come out well in his delivery, but I thought he was clearly trying to be funny and give Ben a humurous jab. I love the guy myself. It will be a good season, for sure.
Just a little lost in the translation...but it was funny

Three in a row! Go Ben.

I'll go with the rider
Just a little lost in the translation...but it was funny
correct - seeing it was MUCH different from reading it

I got real tired of watching the Ben and Matt show. But this is so great watching Ben just KICK ASS in WSB and leave Haga and Biaggi in the dust! In fact, WSB was a little dull too with the two Troys winning everything (and I could never tell them apart anyway).

Now just another month till MotoGP!

Last edited by a moderator: