• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - 2004 FJR with ABS in SoCal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 17459

Reaction score
EDIT 5/18: Just returned from Arizona where I bought a 2007!

Well, I'd really like to be able to buy a Gen II bike, but I just can't afford it! If I want to ride, it's going to have to be a Gen I for now. My first choice would be an '04 as I like the color, but I will also consider an '05. (I missed out on a reasonably priced '04 a week ago, as I didn't jump on it the same day the ad came out on Craigslist.) I'd like to have ABS.

Please let me know if you know of a good one for sale. I've been monitoring this forum, Craigslist, and Cycletrader. I will fly and ride if within a day of SoCal.

Thanks,

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
This 2007 looks like a good price and is near you. Make an offer?
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/1146018694.html
I think that's the same one advertized by a Lemon Grove dealer in the CycleTrader for $8950. I called about it and found out that it's got a salvage title. I didn't ask for details.

There's an '07 with 41K miles on it in the town I live with an asking price of $7899, down from $8200 recently. I spoke with the guy and he indicated that it's in good shape but has a dinged muffler on one side. If I decide that I can pony up enough for a Gen 2 bike that one may be worth looking at. I've seen some nice 06s for $8K to 8.5K.

I'm talking to a guy that has a clean '04 ABS with 17K on the odometer and a rebuilt top-end at 15K done by Yamaha under YES. That one's at the top of the lsit right now.

Thanks for that.

Rick

I didn't know 2004s had an option for ABS, I thought 2005 was the first year with an ABS option....???? I guess I'm wrong. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know 2004s had an option for ABS, I thought 2005 was the first year with an ABS option....???? I guess I'm wrong. :blink:
On the two '04s ABS models I have looked at there was a small ABS label on the sides of the front fender. (Have picture but don't know how to upload) I'm not sure if the '05s have this label. On my previous bike, the Honda ST1300, only the '03 had the ABS label on it. Maybe Honda and Yamaha were in unison here?

Thanks for all the suggestions and feedback.

I found a nice 2007 in Tucson, AZ, which I brought home today!

(I hear the cherry black is the fastest one...)

Rick

(I hear the cherry black is the fastest one...)
You're wrong. :p
I heard it's the ugliest one....
wink.gif

Congrats! Have fun...

...cleaning it....