WTB paint

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilmedic13

Reaction score
Looking to buy more than just a touch up bottle. Anyone know who would sell Yammie paint? Looked around and just can't find anyone that even knows the frickin paint code :angry: .

Thanks for any help,

Ed

Looking to buy more than just a touch up bottle. Anyone know who would sell Yammie paint? Looked around and just can't find anyone that even knows the frickin paint code :angry: .Thanks for any help,

Ed
Hi Ed, I buy the Galaxy Blue paint from Colorrite.com. There are no paint codes for any year's colors, so Colorrite is the only source that will be close and I mean close. For some reason, their Galaxy Blue mix is too blue - I have to adjust it by adding a bit of basic purple to match the factory hue... Have fun! :rolleyes:

Other than Garauld's mention of Colorrite....I've put everything on this discussion I've heard in the Gen I Bin O' Facts and only remember Duplicolor ever actually detailed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, wasn't sure if I had to order it through mama yammie or not. I'm gonna try to repaint my scvratched bag and wanted to be sure it all looks good,ie; matches perfect. That's all.

Garauld, what kind of ratio do you use?

Go to www.colorrite.com Code for the 2005 blue is 5252. You can buy directly from them and it's expensive.

Evil, I suggest sending the lid off to me - I ask $75 plus return shipping to repaint it. I'm not sure how experienced you are with paint, but colorite uses the BC/CC urethane system. When you buy Galaxy Blue paint from them, it is only the base blue color. You will then have to apply catalyzed clear to the top to get the shine and durability. At $77 per 1/2 pt (don't even think about using the aerosol) plus shipping plus the cost of the clear plus hardener plus reducer plus... :unsure:

Still want to paint it yourself?

Last edited by a moderator:
Evil, I suggest sending the lid off to me - I ask $75 plus return shipping to repaint it. I'm not sure how experienced you are with paint, but colorite uses the BC/CC urethane system. When you buy Galaxy Blue paint from them, it is only the base blue color. You will then have to apply catalyzed clear to the top to get the shine and durability. At $77 per 1/2 pt (don't even think about using the aerosol) plus shipping plus the cost of the clear plus hardener plus reducer plus... :unsure: Still want to paint it yourself?
Man, :glare: my airbrushes are used to being used hard,but even they laughed at me after reading this.

PM sent