WTF???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
So I finally received my Gerbing gloves, and they fit. So I went to CA Sport Touring and picked up the controller and installed it last weekend, with the wire connector dangling off the side of my bike. So this morning I went to put the gloves on and hook up the Y connectors. I initially threaded the wires inside my Aerostitch, down my arms and then the connector piece sticking out my left zipper at the waist. Oops, didn't give myself enough line on the other end to reach that. So I took the wires out of my 'Stitch and hooked it all on outside my suit, dangling over the tank with the excess stuffed into a pocket. Hey, I had to get to work and it was already late. Is there a right way to connect Gerbing gloves when you don't have the matching vest??? :glare:

I installed a power connector up near the ignition switch and just leave the wires lying across the front of the tank, in front of my tank bag. Seems like running the wires through your sleeves would be a PITA.

I installed a power connector up near the ignition switch and just leave the wires lying across the front of the tank, in front of my tank bag. Seems like running the wires through your sleeves would be a PITA.
Thanks, Fred. See, I used to run Widder electric gloves, which snapped to the back of the vest and ran down your arm sleeve. So I was looking for some similar functionality here. But I just got out of the garage after taking your advice. I ran the connector to the center front of my tank, then organized the Y wires so they connect outside my 'Stitch directly to the gloves and rest across the tank. I zip-tied the extra slack together, leaving enough wire to allow me free range of motion. I had to adjust my left arm length, since occasionally in rush-hour freeway traffic if it suddenly stops ahead of me I will wave my left arm up and down in further effort to alert the cage behind me, along with my flashing brake lights (and leaving myself an out up the middle as necessary).

Last edited by a moderator: