WynPro PAIR Plates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaosbandit

Reaction score
Finally got mine installed. The quality of work on the plates is excellent and the fitment was perfect.

2013-07-07175555_zpsd650f5a5.jpg

They really are great and worth every penny IMO..... tossing all those hoses in the garbage was a super nice feeling.... :)

They really are great and worth every penny IMO..... tossing all those hoses in the garbage was a super nice feeling....
smile.png
6) Bag everything you took off in a large Ziplock bag and save it in case you ever need to reinstall the Air induction system again.

Your just like me, I never read the instructions either.
no.gif
winksmiley02.gif

Dave

Not sure if you guys did this too, but the vacuum caps I had weren't quite big enough for the airbox nipple. That piece of hose that has the billet plug hanging off the AIS system......I cut it off and used a hose clamp to attach it to the airbox. Kept it low profile and if for some reason I decided to put the AIS back on I could just get a piece of hose.

Although, I see no reason to put it back on and I see no reason that hose needs to be its original length. Anyway, just a suggestion if you run into that same problem.

Yes, to all gens. Have them on my 14, perfect fit, excellent product.
Mighty fine. I need to get on that. I have a pair of Leo Vince cans on my 2013. Splendid sound while not the least bit offensive. Lost 13 lbs. in the swap and picked up a bit of HP and torque. But I do have just a bit of exhaust decel "burble" (as opposed to popping).

Do you also have to do something with the cats and O2 sensor when disabling the system? Can you do this with the stock exhaust?
You can do it with stock everything or with aftermarket stuff. PAIR is an acronym, I don't know exactly what it stands for. Most other bikes call it AIS (Air Induction System) Its basically a way to meet EPA regulation by mixing some exhaust gasses with fresh air to reclaim some unspent fuel vapors.

There is no performance gain by removing the PAIR system. The only advantages is reducing a little bit of weight, but most importantly cleaning out a lot of crap from the top of the engine so you can work on it easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pulse

Air

Induction

System

It uses a reed valve to take advantage of the low pressre pulse in the exhaust to suck in some fresh air, providing oxygen in the airstream for the cats to use in combusting unburnt hydrocarbons. The vacuum vavle and other controls regulate when it is on and off. I beleive the computer shuts off the PAIR when it is looking at the O2 sensor output.