xbiker 2 cents

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koolhand

Reaction score
I sold my 90 HD a cpl of months ago after I got turned on to the FJR. After 10 yrs I only lost 3k and the man counted out 10k cash.

For many months I have been reading almost every thread mostly dealing with the tech and aftermaket stuff that you guys call farkles, in which I have found very insightful.

As Oct. came, the excitment grew as I thought I was a Bro knowing I can feel your pain with the pdp program and all.. I knew that I was going to have one.....

Then my "9-11" hit. The purple bike :dribble: those internet pics sucked... the color sucked and so I went to the yama dealer and he had a black cherry bike sittin outside and wow!! la la what a cool color dancin in the light.

I have riden and drank whiskey with some of the most hard-core criminal sociopath bikers you have never met who has shown respect to me, who are really pretty good dudes. However I have never considered myself a biker (Alway's thought that I was too good lookin to be a biker but could fit in if I had too.) My point is when I take my new Bike to the next Taco thurs. I know I will run into a cpl of friends of mine, And I will be the only FJR (jap) bike there!! I know I will be abel to take a couple of ribbin like, Jap bike, rice burner coments etc.

I do know that I wont hear coments like "gay purple women's bike" Like I hve herd in this forum.

To the people who are considering buying a FJR go for it man!! Dont Let these guys intemadate you... If you ever rode a hard tail 800 miles and all the wineers in here are pretty funny, hugh?. "my wrist pain" etc etc. Ill be riding a beautiful 07 black cherry FJR and I usually ride in West wa but I will be in E wa, or, and N Idaho.

After 10yr's I realize I really never fit in the biker crowd and after reading all the theads I know that I dont fit in this crowd either.

I will go on record of saying if your feeling froggy and want to pull up to me and call my beautiful black cherry bike a gay purple womens bike you wont be here tomorrow braggin about it on this forum.

THAT I will back up....Thats a gurantee!! They call me -koolhand

( I got the nic name kool hand in my younger years after many beatings i was able to survive) just like the movie.

What a "a gay purple womens bike"! :p :p

Welcome!

None of us here can say for sure till we see it in person but the only thing that matters is if you like it.

Oh,

What a "a gay purple womens bike"! :p :p

:D :D :D

Take it easy there koolhand, its just a color afterall. As for the gay comments, I will reserve comment until you post up a picture of yourself. :lol: J/K - Welcome aboard!! :yahoo:

I'll take a gay purple Feej over a Harley any day. I know of what I speak, I've spent too much time on a Police Road King.

Someone get my slippers...

Evening Koolhand.

I wouldn't take the 'extreme' comments too much to heart. Some folks here think a clean bike is 'gay' .. I think it's just good hygene :lol:

Have to agree with your black cherry observations as I was in to my dealer today and they had a cherry Roadliner there. The color is much better in person than what the pictures show .. That's for damn sure.

Koolhand,

Congrats on taking your own advice over that of others. I've no doubt that your '07 looks great in person. Internet pics rarely do justice.

Enjoy the ride. B)

WJ

congradulations! I'm on my 2nd FJR and I love it! I have friends who ride HDs and they don't care what I ride. They rag us about our "Jap" bike and we rag them about riding 50mph! To each his own. As for the color...my husband rides a purple goldwing. He laughs at people who make comments about the color of his bike. He said "as long as it's not black!" (not that black isn't okay...I just love the rebels wearing black.. everything is black...clothes, gloves, boots, bikes......come on where is their originality!!!) Anyway, sorry about the rant...welcome to the forum!

Hey, I ride my Feejer with a couple of Harley friends.

Well, maybe I don't ride with them. We leave at the same time and I wait for them when I get where we're going.

Welcome to the zoo.

As Oct. came, the excitment grew as I thought I was a Bro knowing I can feel your pain with the pdp program and all.. I knew that I was going to have one.....Then my "9-11" hit. The purple bike :dribble: those internet pics sucked... the color sucked and so I went to the yama dealer and he had a black cherry bike sittin outside and wow!! la la what a cool color dancin in the light.
Dancin is a pretty good word for it.

07fjr_template2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As Oct. came, the excitment grew as I thought I was a Bro knowing I can feel your pain with the pdp program and all.. I knew that I was going to have one.....

Then my "9-11" hit. The purple bike :dribble: those internet pics sucked... the color sucked and so I went to the yama dealer and he had a black cherry bike sittin outside and wow!! la la what a cool color dancin in the light.

07fjr_template2.jpg

Ain't Photoshop grand? :D

Hmmm, interesting... Anyway, welcome to the collective coolhand

Well, since this bike is so good, and we are running out of nits to pick about it, the color is about all we have left to whine about.

FWIW, I think that pink one Ari posted loooks pretty cool.

After 10yr's I realize I really never fit in the biker crowd and after reading all the theads I know that I dont fit in this crowd either.
I will go on record of saying if your feeling froggy and want to pull up to me and call my beautiful black cherry bike a gay purple womens bike you wont be here tomorrow braggin about it on this forum.

THAT I will back up....Thats a gurantee!! They call me -koolhand

( I got the nic name kool hand in my younger years after many beatings i was able to survive) just like the movie.
Happy for you. Bye.

church_lady.jpg

Well, isn't that special.

Strange, but I just can't get this image outta my head.............

Beatdown.JPG

Xbiker - I know where you stand bro. 91 FLHTCU with >120k still in my stable. My fjr buds don't get the harley, my harley buds don't get the rice bike. Me, I get it all. Love them both. If it has an engine and two wheels, I don't care. Welcome to the world of performance.

I will go on record of saying if your feeling froggy and want to pull up to me and call my beautiful black cherry bike a gay purple womens bike you wont be here tomorrow braggin about it on this forum.THAT I will back up....Thats a gurantee!! They call me -koolhand

Nice to see All that money you spent on the Dale Carnigie course is finally paying off......

Welcome to the nuthouse.

07fjr_template2.jpg
Hey, Is that a secret shot of the Ladies 08 model. I hear they are gonna put a flower holder on the handlebars like the New VW Beetle has

OK Seriously, I ride with a bunch of Harley guys, they are great peeps. I also dont give a rats friggin ass what people think of me, my bike, or my life. I pay the note and they can tell me what to ride when they buy one FOR me and even then I have to agree to it. I am an expensive little slut if I am to be kept happy

//CDog, guy who was once a boy toy to rich bitches in Carmel, was not a bad life for a year or so//