XJR-1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having seen that they posted projected sales number I went looking for a similar announcement for the FJR and found this:

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/news/...29/fjr1300.html

Of interest was that Euro sales were projected at 9200 units for the '06 model and the photos they used had no stripes. They also have numbers for the segment in Europe.

I'd love to have real numbers for the US market, but at least we know where they get their 28% share figure from.

Other FJR-related press releases from the site:

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/news/...3/intermot.html

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/news/...17/fjr1300.html

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/news/.../10/05/tms.html

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/news/.../19/tms-09.html

Last edited by a moderator:
"Pedestrian" is the term that comes to mind. And I bet it has wimpy horns that every buyer will have to replace.

I saw this one at the top of the Julier pass in Switzerland, August 2003. The guy in the background is french and he is saying "Verboten" as I take the picture. He thinks I'm german because I'm riding a BMW R1150RS with Munich plates. I say, Sprecken sie English, and he switches to perfect english :) I tell him I'm American and we don't get the bike in the states. He's impressed that an American is riding alone in the Alps. We chit chat, he fires up the bike and it's pretty sweet sounding.

P8040075.jpg

Love the tidbit of using the Swedish shock Ohlins....I guess they just forgot to mention they (being Yamaha) own them :D .....

I saw this one at the top of the Julier pass in Switzerland, August 2003. The guy in the background is french and he is saying "Verboten" as I take the picture. He thinks I'm german because I'm riding a BMW R1150RS with Munich plates. I say, Sprecken sie English, and he switches to perfect english :) I tell him I'm American and we don't get the bike in the states. He's impressed that an American is riding alone in the Alps. We chit chat, he fires up the bike and it's pretty sweet sounding.
Nice catch with the camera there!

I like it. Pretty sweet for a standard. Not a replacement for the JFR, but wouldn't look bad sitting close by.

You guys don't have the XJR in the states? didn't realize that. It's a fairly respectable muscle bike... not familiar enough with the details to know the upgrades for this particular one, but it's not bad at all.

They come in a 400cc in Japan which is quite popular. Naked bikes rule here..... (well, for most people here anyway!)

You guys don't have the XJR in the states? didn't realize that. It's a fairly respectable muscle bike... not familiar enough with the details to know the upgrades for this particular one, but it's not bad at all.
They come in a 400cc in Japan which is quite popular. Naked bikes rule here..... (well, for most people here anyway!)
We've had the XJR1300 for a long time in the UK. I guess that many manufacturers see the US as a cruiser market and don't bother to make much effort to market much else there which is a pity because there's more to biking than just cruisers.

I wouldn't mind one in the garage. reminds me a bit of the Suzuki GSX1100G I used to own. It was a bit heavy but a nice bike overall. Sold it to a guy I work with.

Thats the old FJ 11/12 motor punched out, with fuel injection, should be a real stump puller.

The FJ series motors were next to bullet proof, if treated properly.

As much as I like the XJ, I think the new 1250 Suzuki Bandit w/ABS for a touch under 9 grand is a better buy/bike. Doubt if we'll ever see the XJ here in the states.

After seeing the Suzook B-King, I'd take the XJR in a heartbeat. I'd like a standard UJM, not to sporty(FZ1), not to lethargic or ugly! (B-king or ZR1200)!

Other standard I liked was the Bandit 1200 without the 1/2 fairing.

Bryce

P8040075.jpg
This is too weird. I was in Switzerland in early September. On our way back to Lucerne from Interlaken, we stopped for lunch and there was an XJR in the parking lot. An early 40's guy with salt & pepper hair with his young son were riding it. When I see your photo of that guy and the kid, I just can't help but wonder...what if...

Although I happily ride my 06 Feejer I have kept my 93 GSX1100G with triple Givi's.. 'cause sometimes the comfort of a standard is the only way to go and it still punches well into the triple digits. And yes it has a windscreen but the adjustable Feejer shield has me spoiled