XM antenna

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spook

Reaction score
What is the best place and way to mount an XM antenna? Use the magnetic or get another type?

Last edited by a moderator:
Double stick tape or velcro on one of the resevors works fine. Or you could use a custom mount like I do.

"Best" is very subjective. I have mine secured with Dual-Loc (industrial strength Velcro) to my clutch reservoir. Good visibility to the sky and can be removed if needed.

I picked up this $6 mount from CycleGadgets last month. Fits nicely between my Techmount stemstand and the base for the Zumo.

$6 mount, scroll down some to 1st box below main product.

It does block your view of the speedometer but I never look at it anymore anyways. So you may or may not like it.

I got an "Inno". Goes in your pocket. Antenna is fixed and works pretty well. Rechargeable battery on board. Less muss and fuss.

L10781287a.jpg

I got an "Inno". Goes in your pocket. Antenna is fixed and works pretty well. Rechargeable battery on board. Less muss and fuss.

L10781287a.jpg
That is what I have too but the Battery life is not up to what I want and the built in antenna leave a lot to be desired.

Latest posts