XM Radio in Zumo not playing?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dropinparts

Reaction score
Just got my Garmin 30 antenna and hooked it to my Zumo 550 today and I can't get it to play. I use a J&M Audio Bluetooth set-up in my helmet and the MP3 music plays fine.

Here's what I have done.

1. Plugged in the antenna.
  2. Bike and antenna are both outside in clear view of the sky.
  3. Antenna is currently just sitting on my tank bag.
  4. Called XM and did the subscription thing.
  5. Turned to channel 1 and let the channels load, all 193 of them.
  6. Powered off the XM radio per their instructions, then powered it back on.
  7. I've got 3 bars of antenna power showing.
  8. I can select any channel.
  9. The MUTE button is not on.
  10. But, no music.
Help me.

Well... CRAP!

After paying $325 for the Bluetooth set-up ain't that a bitch. Well, what type of set-up do you Zumo XM'rs have that works well? I do still have my old J&M headset / microphone rig that I used on my BMW K1200LT. #@&%@*! Okay... I feel better.

I guess I'll need to check with J&M to see how to hook up to the old rig.

Hey DP, your XM will work with ear phones. Also someone on this forum figured another way around the ear phones. I use the Nolan Blue tooth for phone, MP3 & ear buds when I listen to XM.

Well... CRAP!
After paying $325 for the Bluetooth set-up ain't that a bitch. Well, what type of set-up do you Zumo XM'rs have that works well? I do still have my old J&M headset / microphone rig that I used on my BMW K1200LT. #@&%@*! Okay... I feel better.

I guess I'll need to check with J&M to see how to hook up to the old rig.
You will need a different set of headsets the ones i had for my Goldwing wouldn't work with the J&M. I just went thought this last week trying to use a head set that wasn't compatible.Sierra electronics has better prices on J&M products than J&M

Last edited by a moderator:
I have everything (Zumo, radar, etc) run through my StarCom, then one wire to the helmet. I love this set up.

Latest posts