Y.E.S. in FL - WTF?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLRoadking

Reaction score
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Just called D&H to get the excellent deal they offer on the YES and was told they can not sell to anyone in FL due to a FL state law requiring it be purchased from a dealer in the State of FL.

Is this true, and if so, has anyone figured a way to get around this?

Sure hope its not a ticker because I am not spending $800 for four years. At that rate I would be better off selling the bike and getting a new one at D&H for $11,499. Problem is l like my 05 better than the 06.

Any advice appreciated as I need to do this by 11/10 if I am going to go ahead with YES. :(

Post edited for content after realising Yamaha may be reading this board and we don't need to let them know too much.

PM sent to original topic starter.

Skippy :p

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I understand, there's a lot of companies that won't offer warranties in Florida due to strict laws. I believe it stems from the old age down there and the number of bogus warranties.

Basically, they want to make sure that you are under Florida law when dealing with warranty issues. The same thing goes for Apple, another company that doesn't offer warranties in Florida

I am in Florida and I have posted about this topic before and I was told by a few others that I was wrong so I just dropped out of the thread. I found it pointless to argue with them on something I knew I was correct on and they kept saying I wasn't. I am sure a few have been able to slip through and get it purchased, but I was told NO by D&H and a couple others. I learned that in FL an extended warranty is considered a form of insurance and is therefore regulated like insurance. I ended up buying my warranty from my selling dealer.

Well Bull Puckey....PM me too! I'm second owner of an '04 and am interested in getting a YES form D&H.
What the hell is a BUll Puckey, and if it is a derogatory comment you are SOL.

Skippy

It's like saying "Well doggone it!" It's not derogatory...it's a euphemism for an expletive.

In other worths "Well doggone it...PM me too!"

Actually Bull Puckey is just like Cow Fritters, except male. :)

Ock913 has posted this info before (as have others from FL). By Florida law, insurance must be purchased from a licensed person within Florida. This has nothing to do with Yamaha.