Yamaha '06 Top Case Mount Available Yet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The part is available now. You do not have to drill anything, the new mounting plate bolts to the three holes in the tail piece...as simple as removing the bolts there and bolting up the new base.

KM

If you want the Givi it's an S357. The Yamaha part was available from the Dealer when I got my FJR about 2 months ago, but the cost was a bit too intense (for the trunk), so I stuck witht he Givi stuff, and I use my Givi trunk across several bikes (hey, I can only ride one at time anyway :) )

Yeah, I meant the Yamaha part. I got a great deal on the top case when I bought the bike... free mounting kit and the case at dealer cost. OTD for the well under $300! Now if I can just nail down a part number for the 06 mount, I'll be set.

try: Clicky

Rear Truck Attachment Kit (ABA-2D261-30-00) required for installation.

Rear Trunk Backrest Pad sold separately (5JW-W0772-00-00).
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif

Matches '06 FJR1300A only, Cobalt Blue [SIZE=12pt]5JW-W0754-60-00[/SIZE] (MSRP: $589.95)

Last edited by a moderator:
try: Clicky
Rear Truck Attachment Kit (ABA-2D261-30-00) required for installation.

Rear Trunk Backrest Pad sold separately (5JW-W0772-00-00).
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif

Matches '06 FJR1300A only, Cobalt Blue [SIZE=12pt]5JW-W0754-60-00[/SIZE] (MSRP: $589.95)
Thanks for the clicky. I've looked at that a bazillion times, and now I understand the source of my confusion. The part number shown for the backrest pad is very similar to the part number for the mounting kit that I got, which is 5JW-W0720-00-00, and at a glance, is indistinguishable from the backrest number. Guess I was just fixated on the number, rather than what it was describing. I'm such an idiot. :wacko: