Yamaha Clutch & Shift Parts - Help Needed!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev

Reaction score
I'm looking at the following Conversion,

FJR1300AE/AS > FJR1300A

Parts the initially seem to be needed:

1. Clutch lever assembly including reservoir and hydraulic pipes/hoses

2. Gear shift pedal and linkages for same

3. Lefthand Switch cluster, (I may not need this item but would be nice to know it's there if I do need it)

Possible Donor bikes include

2006> FJR1300A

2001-05 FJR1300

Diversion 900

R1 or R6

XJR1300

etc. (please add to this list if you know it may help)

Am open to other options but not messing, this is a serious conversion project with minimal funds available,,,,

Have been in touch with Danfay Ltd. (aka Yamaha Ireland) and City spares Salvage Dublin:

Per Danfay Ltd (Yamaha Ireland), Yamaha can not supply info to help convert to a Hybrid machine (no such details in the workshop manual) though the gearbox would seem to be in sequence N12345 where as normal gearbox is 1N2345 and this can cause a problem for those not use to the gear sequence of such a conversion.

Apart from that if I have nothing to loss (Bike is scrap without an FJR13AE ECU) then it's my decision, as Shinypartsup has kindly dispatched an FJR1300A ECU by snailmail (Joking) all should work just fine theoretically!

As for City Spares, most parts are available but again they would expect trouble with the gear sequence, though there is a gear indicator on the bike.....

ever feel like a Guineapig!!!

any advise welcome as there will be no budget available for this conversion, per my other half! :assassin:

:unsure:

I can't help with the parts, but I do remember someone else asking about converting AE to A. He was trying to leave as much of the AE mechanism in tact so he could switch back. He had the AE ECU. I think his concern was whether the AE ECU was going to be a problem. You may find something about that conversion if you search around here a bit.

Regarding the shift pattern, I had a '75 Kawasaki H1 which came stock with that shift pattern. I never had a problem with it and was able to easily ride my other bike with the 1N2345 shift pattern without getting confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard there was also a Honda in the early 70's with a similar system though it was discontinued due to bike going from 5th to 1st if you shifted up too many times causing catapulted rider syndrome :dribble: :rolleyes: