Yamaha Comfort Seat ??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheZsdad

Mr. Bill goes for a ride!
Reaction score
I searched but only found opinions related to is it worth the money and comfort.

So if you have or did have the YCS did you notice a difference in reach to the ground compared to the oem seat.

29" inseam here. I'm am not planning to buy a YCS. But a used bike (08A) I'm interested in has one. It's a 5 hour drive from where I live to the seller. I'm just trying to determine if the seat adds value or I'll need to buy a stock seat immediately.

Seller does not have the oem seat

Truth or Myth YCS is made by corbin? I always thought this was a myth used by salepeople.

If true how do you know ? I know I know the salesman told you so.. :yahoo:

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
The gel comfort seat is wider and firmer so your legs will have a longer reach to the ground. I have a 30in inseam and bought this seat - aside from the longer reach to the ground (I was tipy toeing it even more with the gel comfort seat) it was more comfy but not that much more comfy. Also if it is hot outside and your bike is sitting in the sun the gel has a propensity to conduct that heat to your buns. I later sold it for a Bill Mayer saddle and couldn't be happier.

Hope that helps.

The gel comfort seat is wider and firmer so your legs will have a longer reach to the ground. I later sold it for a Bill Mayer saddle and couldn't be happier.
Hope that helps.
That does help. Did the Mayer help with the reach to the ground or is it similar to the oem in that respect ?

Thanks

The stock oem seat is a bit squishy so I specifically asked for the Mayer seat to be lowered a tad, like half inch from the stocker since they claimed their memory foam was firmer than the stock seat. They were very helpful and detailed in their work and although pricy it was worth it IMHO - especially if you do long trips like me. I'd say try the seat you get with your new bike - if its too tall or not comfy enough you can always send it in to Bill Mayer - just let them know you'd like it a bit lower.