Yamaha Comfort Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZrider

Reaction score
After my ride out to Mojave and back I knew I had to do something about the seat. It came today and I put it on the bike. I sure hope this does the trick. :unsure:

AZ

AZ, let us know how the new seat works for you. My experience is similar to yours in that after about an hour of riding my butt feels like it's about to spontaneously ignite.

I think you'll like it.

Got back from a 2k mile trip a week ago. Comfort seats were a good improvement over stock.

Is the Yamaha seat taller or shorter than the OEM. That is when set to the same height. My suspicion is ther is no difference. Just curious what those who have bought it think.

Thanks,

CaryB

Keep us posted on how you like it.

I had the yamaha/corbin seat on my 05 and i'm looking for a longer distance seat for my 07.

Can you tell who built this seat. On the O5 there was a corbin sticker under the seat.

Thanks

Keep us posted on how you like it.I had the yamaha/corbin seat on my 05 and i'm looking for a longer distance seat for my 07.

Can you tell who built this seat. On the O5 there was a corbin sticker under the seat.

Thanks
Mark,

I looked under both seats and only found a Yamaha factory tag. I believe that Yamaha makes it.

The seat is pretty hard but it actually feels better. I've ridden about a hundred miles on the seat so far it's been an improvement over the stock. I've been too busy with work and just haven't had time to ride. The true test of course is to put a solid three hundred on it in one shot to see if I still get "butt burn". So far I like it.

AZ

Keep us posted on how you like it.I had the yamaha/corbin seat on my 05 and i'm looking for a longer distance seat for my 07.

Thanks
Mark,

I looked under both seats and only found a Yamaha factory tag. I believe that Yamaha makes it.

The seat is pretty hard but it actually feels better. I've ridden about a hundred miles on the seat so far it's been an improvement over the stock. I've been too busy with work and just haven't had time to ride. The true test of course is to put a solid three hundred on it in one shot to see if I still get "butt burn". So far I like it.

AZ

It's kind of hard to find it on the Yamaha web site. Could I trouble you for a part # and the price?

Thanks!

Thanks
Mark,

AZ

It's kind of hard to find it on the Yamaha web site. Could I trouble you for a part # and the price?

Thanks!

Firedog,

Here's the site: https://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products...0/0/detail.aspx

They price it at $375 but my dealer sold it to me at $335. And that includes both the rider and pillion seats. It took about three days for it to come out of Phoenix. I've ridden it more however not any one long trip, hopefully this weekend.

AZ

Thanks
Mark,

AZ
Did you ever put 300 on at one time to test it?

khrome